This can be something

Imani shot up out of her sleep

Imani shot up out of her sleep. It was 1pm. Her first thoughts were last night. Her mind ran rapid wondering if what happened truly did happen. She got up, washed her face and brushed her teeth. There was only about a week and a half left until rehearsals for the tour officially began. Today, Imani was headed back home to handle some business before leaving Oakland for a long time while on this tour.

" Aye, mani!!" Alexis called up to Imani

" What's up?"

" There's someone on the phone that wanna talk to you"

Imani came down the stairs with a very confused look on her face. No one was going to be reaching out to her. No one even knew she was there, so who could possible be calling for her

" Hello?" Imani spoke with a lot of skepticism in her voice

" Hi, locs!! "

It was Janet. Imani's heart nearly fell on the floor and she felt her throat getting extremely dry. She didn't know what to expect after what happened at the party. Most importantly she didn't want to lose her job.

" Ohhh hi, Jan" Imani nervously responded

" I know you're probably wondering how I knew you were here but you did tell me you would be with Alexis last night"

Those words. Last night. Imani could've fainted, she wanted to avoid that topic by all means.

" Ohhh really? I must've forgot I mentioned it"

" I'm sure you did" Janet giggled a little before continuing. " I'm just calling because I wanted to see what you were up to today and maybe- well I was wondering if we could meet up or something like that"

Imani's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She wants to see more of me? She thought to herself.

" Um- well I was just getting ready to head back to my home in Oakland so I can figure out a few things before our rehearsals start and stuff"

" Well do you have a ride there?"

" Oh no I was going to get on the train"

" That's great! I can take you actually"

" For real? Trust me Jan you don't have to do th-"

" C'mon locs, I can take you"

" Are you sure?"

" Yes, I'm sure. Now get your ass together because I'm on my way right now" she laughed

" I'll be ready"

" Alright bye"

" See you"

Imani hung up the phone. She could feel the butterflies forming in her stomach. Janet had been there for her more than anybody had ever been in her life. Besides Alexis, but both of these people were new. It was something so comforting about being around Janet.