Redemption pt. 2

Day After Rehearsal (cont

Day After Rehearsal (cont.)

"Well look at what the wind blew in." Tina opened the door. "Dunk, you got a special surprise down here!" She yelled up to Janet. Tina motioned for Imani to come inside. Imani wasn't saying much, but a smile was present.

"Hey, Tina." She gave her a hug. "She's not too mad at me, is she?" Imani asked Tina, in hope for an answer that would work in her favor. "How about you go up there and see for yourself." Tina grinned a bit as she reached over and grabbed her car keys. "Dunk, I'm gonna head home before it's too late! Love you! Bye!" She gave Imani a quick shoulder pat before her exit.

A feeling of relief fell over Imani because of the reaction from Tina. She figured that if Tina wasn't acting funny towards her, then she might've been in the clear with Janet.

This was Imani's first time being at Janet's place. She really didn't take time to look around or anything because her focus was strictly on making her way up to where Janet was. She began walking up the stairs of this unfamiliar home. When she got to the top, it was a giant opening with furniture that was mainly white and accents of clear or silver. There was a straight view of the beach from the large window that stretched across the entire room. Plants placed all around. Various paintings honoring female anatomy hung so beautifully, out in the opening.

" You could put those on the coffee table behind you." Janet appeared from around the corner-hands tucked in the sleeves of her black hoodie. "They're really beautiful." She leaned over and smelled them. Her presence was peaceful and that stood true all over her home. It was like a breath of fresh air. There was heavy silence that surrounded the two of them. It wasn't the type of silence that choked you and made you feel like eternal doom awaited, this felt like they were willing to communicate and hear each other. New beginnings.

"I just came by to-" Janet took Imani by the hand, interrupting her. " Let's sit down." Janet guiding them both to the couch. Imani nerves almost made her paralyzed- she had little movement. Almost appeared as if she was no longer breathing. " I- I came by because I wanted to apologize for how I acted at rehearsals." Imani inhaled before saying anything else.

"I actually should be the one saying sorry." Janet took over the conversation. " I put you in a situation that caused you to be in the middle of a lot of confusion. I am so sorry, locs." She looked down- one tear dropping. You could tell she was truly hurt about what she'd caused.

Imani moved closer to her on the couch, grabbing her hand in a comforting way. She allowed time for Janet to recollect herself. "Are you okay? Do you want me to get you anything? Water or something?" Imani was willing to be at Janet's call and fulfill her every need. "N-no." Janet stuttered and she reached around the couch and grabbed some tissues, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Even though Imani felt Janet's apology was coming from a sincere space, she still had some very valid feelings she wanted to get off her chest about everything that's been going on.

She created some space between her and Janet before she started to speak. " I just want to let you know that I feel like this entire time I've been fucked over, in a way. And I know you got your shit you're trying to control and I've got mine. However, I feel we need to come to an understanding and agreement on where we stand as a unit and what we want from each other." Imani exhaled after the statement, almost as if a load was lifted.

Janet sat still, taking everything in. "I want to be with you, Imani. I love you so much." Janet looked over at Imani to see her response. "Do you hear me?" Janet pulled Imani by the chin, so her all of focus would be on her. "Yea..." Imani shook her head in agreement. "I wanna be with you too, Janet." There was still something weighing heavy on Imani, but she decided to suppress it.

Janet also appeared as if she had more on her heart to say. " What's up? I can tell something else is on your mind." Imani squinted , trying to see if she could figure out what was on Janet's mind. "Oh..." Janet abruptly stopped like she was saving herself from revealing too much. "I don't know if I should even be saying this out loud- but I think it's only right that you know." Imani felt heat over her head- she didn't know what to expect. Dealing with Janet anything was possible.

"Just tell me." Imani leaned in. "I-" Janet hesitated. "I don't think I'm ready to leave Shawn!" She regurgitated those words full force at Imani.

"What?!" Imani questioned.

OKAY YALL DONT BEAT ME UP 🌚🌚 IM SO SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE SINCE- MAY😭😭😭😭 I WILL TRYYYY MY BEST TO UPDATE EVERYDAY (LATE AT NIGHT THO)

HOPE YALL ENJOY!!!!! 💗💗💗💗

ILL BE UPDATING THE OTHER BOOKS SOON TOO

THIS CHAPTER SHORT AS HELL BUT A BITCH JUST GOT OFF WORK SO-