Work Of Art

May 20,1997 (cont

May 20,1997 (cont.)
Janet's POV

I couldn't help but admire this woman. Imani. She's everything I could've ever wanted in a partner. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve her, she give so much of herself to me. I'm grateful to have this connection with her.

"Babe!" She called out to me from the bathroom, where she was still drying off.

"Yeaaaa locs?" I responded

"Come here please"

"What's up boo?"

" I wanna take some pictures of you."

"What?" I asked and giggled

" I want to take some pictures of you. I've been working on my photography skills for a while and who is better to practice them on than you?"

"Well, I guess if you want. That means I get to take some pictures of you after though."

" You know what? You sure can."

This made me excited because I loved everything about Imani. She was walking and breathing art. From her head to her toe. Her presence.

It had been days at this point since I'd been home. I really was finding some peace getting away from it all, even though things at Imanis wasn't completely pleasant. Being here has caused me to feel some of the best joy I've felt in a long while.

I was taking a break from finishing up my sixth studio album. I needed to. There was so much in my personal life that I realized I needed to unpack and there's still so much more. For a while I could barely get anything done in the studio because I was so broken for many reasons. Maybe I'll get to express what I'm feeling with someone soon enough. It'll more than likely be with Imani. For now, I'll embrace and be grateful for the peace of mind I'm currently experiencing.

" I think this is some type of Nikon camera." Imani came back in the room interrupting my personal reflection in my mind.

" You alright?" She asked

" Yes, I just was thinking."

" About?"

"Oh nothing. Sooo how's this little photo shoot about to work?"

" I think we should go to the basement of the complex because it's a red wall down there that'll match with your hair a little bit."