You Send Me Swangin'

The two finally arrived in Imani's loft

The two finally arrived in Imani's loft. She stayed on the third floor. As soon as they walked in, there was an immediate warmth that Janet felt. She could see the sunset so clearly in the living room through the huge window that met you as soon as you entered. Plants, candles, and incense surround the area. It was Imanis sanctuary and Janet knew this right off. Something so sacred about the place. Shades of brown, green, yellow, orange blended so well around the house.

" Well, here it is. My dwellings. Something light." Imani sat her bags down and headed towards the kitchen. " You want some water or something?"

" Yes, please!" Janet responded as she looked around the entire living room with this look of amazement on her face. " Locs I would kill for a home like this. So warm and welcoming. I absolutely love this."

"Thank you, Jan! It took me a while to find all the things I wanted to decorate it, but I finally got it to my liking. It's still a little work left to do but I'm content with it."

" I'm so jealous. I really am"

Imani brought over a glass of water and they started to sit down.

"Soooo, what's up?" Janet looked at Imani with so much admiration in her eyes. She couldn't help but smile.

" I don't know." Imani shrugged and smiled shyly.

" Uhnt uhnt!!! Don't try and get shy now!" Janet started tickling Imani.

" Man stop it!" Imani fought back with endless giggles.

Imani took both of Janet's hands and held it behind her head.

"Imma get you back when you least expect it. Believe that!"

" Baby you won't get me. EVER! Trust that!" They started to laugh.

" I'm hungry, Locs" Janet pouted as she sat on Imani's lap.

" See what you didn't know- I bet you didn't know I could cook. Did you?"

" Oh can you? I'll be the judge of that." Janet got off Imani's lap and grabbed her hands getting her off the couch.

" Alright, I'll make something simple tonight. Are you cool with a grilled chicken salad and pita bread?"

"Yes, omg I really have a taste for that right now too"

" Okay, let me turn on some music first. I have to listen to some tunes when I do anything."

" I feel that." Janet responded as she looked in a small mirror by the door and split her hair perfectly down the middle to create two little buns.