Chapter 2

I sit there still crying as the blood runs down my arm.
What have I done?
They're gonna notice.
I then realized what I was going to do. They cuts aren't too deep and stop bleeding quick.
I grab a few shirts with long sleeves. It was the beginning of winter and it was getting colder. No one would notice. They're Gonna see that I'm sadder than usual. I'll just fake a smile. As usual.

The next morning I wake up. Bro still isn't home. He hasn't texted or called me and I start to wonder where he is. Oh well. He's probably doing some crazy adventure.

I put on a long sleeved shirt and make a quick lunch, grab my back pack and walk out.
Outside John and Jade are waiting for me.
"Hey Dave!" Jade says with a smile.
"Hey Jade." I respond back with a smile.
John sees me smile and smiles along. I can't believe that my idea actually worked. The only one that's going to be hard to convince that I'm fine is Rose. She's always been the smartest one in out group.

We continue to walk until we get to the bus stop. We see Rose there. I wave and smile at her. She smiles back.
"Dave you seem a lot happier today." Rose says. Did she fall for the trick?
"Yeah. My sleep schedule was off."
My sleep schedule was off? That's the lamest excuse I've ever come up with."Alright." She laughs and we continue to walk.
It seems like we've been walking forever.
We get to school. Then I have to wait.
And wait.
And wait.
When we finally get to lunch I walk to the normal area where we eat. I sit down with Jade and Rose. I grab my lunch out and Rose looks. "So your actually eating too? Your sleep schedule must have been very messed up." She laughs. I laugh back. Dammit Rose why did she have to mention me not eating. Jade looks at me with concern. Fuck you Rose.

Roses POV

Dave really thinks I'm falling for his trick. I know the whole "act happy" trick.
"So Dave. How is your brother?" Jade says.
"He's cool. As usual." Dave responds. I hear a giggle from Jade. You may have fooled everyone but you haven't fooled me Strider.

Jades POV
What's wrong with Dave? He isn't eating? That can't be right. Rose must be joking around. Dave loves food. It's his thing. Besides being cool and ironic.
Dave's POV
I grab the sandwich I made before leaving out of my bag. I grab half of it and start eating. I start to wonder where John is.
"Has anyone seen John..?" I ask.
"I haven't seen him. He wasn't here during first period." Rose says.
John wasn't at first period? We were with him this morning. Where could he be?? I think to myself.
"Dave Strider, Rose Lalonde, and Jade Harley to the principals office". Why were our names being called?
"Did we do something?!?" Jade says.
"Not that I know of." Rose responds. We all get up and start walking. When we arrive the principals office he asks us to sit down.
"Did we do something?" Jade asks.
"This is about John."
John?
"There was an accident."