Chapter 20

Dave's POV

"Dave wake up please!" Who said that? It sounded like a girl. What's going on? Why can't I move?

"I'm sorry. His injuries are to major. He's currently in a coma and he probably won't wake up." Wait who won't wake up? I try to move but I can't.

"He has to be fine! I can't lose my brother!" Dirk? Wait.. I'm in a coma? But I can hear everyone perfectly fine.

I open my eyes to see I'm in a hospital. I lean up but no one notices. I walk over to Jade, who seems to be crying, and try to hug her but my hand goes right through her, like I'm a ghost.

Oh god. Oh please no! I can't be dead. This was not the way I wanted to die.

"Dave?! What are you doing here. It-It'th to thoon!" I turn around to see Sollux?!

"Sollux! I really am dead aren't I.."

"No no you're not. You can't be! You thtill have tho much to live for!"

"If I'm not dead then how can I see you? And why can't they see me?"

"I don't know! Why the fuck do you think I thhould know!"

"Since you've been dead for a while I just assumed you would know!"

"Don't fucking aththume next time aththhole!"

"Jeez sorry." We both stood there in silence for a few minutes but I decided to break the silence.

"Why did you kill yourself?"

"Dave. I don't feel like talking about that."

"Could you please tell me. We were best friends."

"Eridan and Feferi got together, Eridan started to bully me so I decided to give up on life."

"How come you never told me about Aradia?"

"AA.. God I'm thorry I never told you about her. Thhe wath home thchooled tho I never really talked about her."

"Oh.."

"How are you and Jade doing?"

"How did you know about me and Jade?"

"Thee how we can thee them, but they can't thee uth?"

"Yeah.."

"That'th how I know." He smiles at me. The same dorky smile he used 2 years ago.

"I can't be trapped here forever, right?"

"I think tho." I sigh before walking back over to Jade, Dirk and my body. What even happened to me? I look completely fine, besides the fact that I'm in a fucking hospital.

"Visiting hours are over now, come back tomorrow."

"Please just let me stay a little longer, I'm his brother."

"I'm sorry sir, you have to leave now."

"Please Mrs.."

"Mrs. Maryam, and I wish I could, honestly, but it's the hospital rules."

"Rules are rules.." Dirk says before leaving with Jade. The doctor walked in with a clipboard. He looked at me, probably doing some check-ups or some shit. He puts down the clipboard and the nurse walks back in.

"What happened to him?"

"The brother said that he woke up to that girl screaming, and that he was bleeding. We tried to get the girl to tell us everything that happened, but she only said that he was stabbed in the chest. We've also noticed that he has a few broken ribs. The person who did this must've been insane."

"What kind of monster would do that?"

"That's the problem. We tried to get the girl to tell but she kept saying that 'he would kill her next' and other things like that" Oh god no. Karkats going to kill Jade. I have to wake up.

I can't let Jade die.

Jades POV

I left the hospital with Dirk and he took me home right away. When I got home I immediately ran upstairs to my room, locked my doors and windows. I curled up into a ball and sat in a corner.

"Jade? Please come out."

"I can't."

"Yes you can. I'm right here."

"I'm just going lose you to."

"Jade god damn it I will break down this door if I have to."

"Please don't."

"Then open up the door and come out." I get up and unlock the door.

"Jade now come out of your room and come eat. I made some dinner for us."

"I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten all day. I'll bring you some food since you aren't going to come out anytime soon." He walks down stairs and walks back up leaving something at my door.

"Jade I just want you to know that Dave is going to be fine."

"What about school? I can't go there since- never mind."

"Since what? Jade if something's wrong at school you can tell me, I am your brother." I have to tell him. I have to tell someone. I open the door and hug him tightly.

"Karkat is threatening to kill me! H-He was the one who hurt Dave!" I could feel my self shaking and I was crying.

"Isn't that the same boy who kidnapped you?"

"Y-Yes. H-He said that if I told anyone that he would kill me."

"He's not going to hurt you Jadey."

"Yes he is! He said he was going to kill Dave if I told anyone about what he did and now Dave's in a coma!"

"Jade calm down."

"I can't calm down when I know it was my fault!"

"It's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself for it. That Karkat boy is just insane!" The phone starts ringing.

"I'll get that you just eat your dinner. Okay, Jade?"

"Okay.." He walks downstairs and I grab the food he left for me. I start eating then Jake runs back up his eyes wide.

"Dave is waking up!"

"R-Really?!" He nods and I quickly grab my shoes and we both run down stairs. Jake drives to the hospital quickly, but still driving at the speed limit.

When we arrive I run inside to talk to the front desk lady.

"I'm here to see Dave Strider."

"He's in room 413." She hands me a pass thing and I run to the rum, with tears rolling down my face. When I get to the room I see Dirk hugging Dave, but Dave looks uncomfortable.

"Dave! Oh my god I am so happy your ok!" Dirk and Dave both look at me, I run over to Dave and kiss him, but he pushes me off.

"D-Dave.. What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry.. but who is Dave? And who are you people?"

The End.

[authors note]

I'm not joking when I say that's the end. This is really the end..

Of story 1! :33

Yes there will be a sequel. When am I going to start it? Idk soon though! I'm so glad that people actually read this story.

I hope you enjoyed the final chapter.

Thank you soooooooo much for reading!

See in the next story,

~Jazzy