Chapter 6

Dave's POV

When I woke up this morning Jade was cuddled up against me. Seeing she's asleep I decide to kiss her forehead.

"Glad to see your awake to Dave."

Oh shit.

"O-Oh hey your awake!" I say awkwardly.

"Dave where are your glasses?"

Oh fuck.

I close my eyes quickly an grab another pair.

"Heh guess there gone.." I say worried that she saw my eyes. I don't know what the hell happened but my eyes are just.. Weird.

"Why don't you want anyone to see your eyes? They're probably pretty!" She says.

"I uh.. I don't really know.."

"What color are they?! Probably blue like the ocean!" She continues to talk. I sigh.
"I guess I'll show you.."
"Really?!?!"
"No."
"Wow." She rolls her eyes. I want to show her, but I don't want to show her. My eyes are red and it's fucking crazy. My bro always tells me 'Don't show anyone' and stupid things like that. I never really understood why.

"Why don't we see if the others are awake?" Jade says with a smile. I look out the window and of course, it's still pouring. I look at her and smile back. We both walk out and see that John, Rose and Karkat are all awake.

"Morning Jade! Morning Dave!" John says with his same dorky smile.
"Good morning you two, did you sleep well?" Rose says also.
"MORNING JADE. STRIDER.."
"Mornin' guys. I slept well thanks for asking Rose." I say. I look around a bit.
"Has anyone seen Dirk..?" I ask with a concerned tone.
"No but you got a few phone calls from someone." Phone calls? From who? I sigh and walk over to the phone.
"6 missed calls from Jake..?" I say to myself. I sigh and listen to the voice mails.

"Hey Dave.. Um please pick up or call back as fast as you can.."
I play the next message.
"Dave please pick up."
I listen to all the messages and get to the final one.
"Dave. I'm at the hospital. Dirk got in a car accident. Get here fast." I look at the time the message was sent.
9:15
It's 10 now.
I quickly run into my room and get dressed without saying anything.
"Dave is everything okay?" Jade asks.
"Yeah.. I'm running out for a few." I feel a tear roll down my face.

"Dave are you ok? Did something happen?!" Jade asks.

"M-My brother.. He got in an accident.."

"Oh my god.. Dave.." Rose says.

"We should go with you.. I mean he is dating my brother..." Jade says. I nod my head and we all get ready to leave.

It's a 15 minute walk to the hospital, but it are only option. None of us, besides John and Karkat, are old enough to drive. John and Karkat don't have their license because they suck at driving.

We all leave and I couldn't stop stressing out. What if he was dead? He can't be. Oh god please don't be dead Dirk. I don't even know what id do without my older bro. Dirk isn't like a brother to me. More like a dad. He raised me since he was 12 and I was 9. Now he's 19 and I'm 15.

"Dave you ok?" Jade says. "You look really scared."

"Well you would your reaction be if your brother was in the hospital?"

"I would be upset.."

"Exactly.. I just don't know what I'd do without Dirk." She sighs an hugs me. I here Karkat growl in anger. Just to be a bit of an ass I hug her back right in front of him.

We finally get to the hospital am I quickly run up to lady at the front desk.

"Hello, sir. Are you here to someone?" She asks

"Yeah I'm here to see my brother his name is Dirk Strider."

"Oh he's in room 413." She's smiles at me and I smile back and walk to the room with my friends.

I enter the room with everyone and Jade hugs Jake.

"Is he ok?" I ask. Jake looks over at me.

"He's unconscious but he's ok. The doctors say he'll be fine though." Jake responds. I sigh in relief.

My brothers gonna be ok.

Authors Note:

Hi guys! Thanks for reading. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm on a bit of a writers block with this story. I am writing 2 other stories. One of them being my Demonstuck AU story. I promise the next chapter will be longer and it will be a lot better xD.

Thanks for reading!