It should've been us

This one was inspired by a movie that I saw which is Filipino... I forgot the title but whatever let's just get into it

(It's like- around night time ig)

Spongebob has already been the luckiest person in bikini bottom. Well, that is there was another thing stuck on his mind the lastest thing he is unlucky and failing to do...

He is failing on confessing his feelings to his grumpy neighbour 

as he was writing down all of his feelings in his diary, he sat on a chair next to his window. Visible on looking at his crush's house. His crush Squidward Q. Tentacles. He looked at his diary finished his paragraph, and closed the book. He looked at the plant next to him and sighed.

He hummed a song that he heard from the radio called Should've been us by Tori Kelly he got interrupted by his beloved pet snail Gary calling him, he looked down seeing the snail meow to him. "oh... hey Gary..." Gary frowned "Mow? (What's the matter?)" Spongebob took a deep breath and sighed again. This time Squidward heard him.

He heard his voice feeling so not in the mood way as he could tell. His ears- (well octopuses have ears- I mean they can hear perfectly fine!) He can hear him and his pet snail Gary talk, he was eavesdropping and secretly listened to both of their conversations.

(so I know Squidward can understand what Gary is saying too as well)

"Meow mow...(is this something to do with him?)" Gary spoke with his unamused face. Spongebob's eyes went big "wh-what? err maybe you're talking about someone haha-" he got cut off "mow (Your crush Spongebob!)" Squidward overheard it. Does the sponge have a crush? he did hear, it wasn't a girl perhaps the pronouns that Gary said it was a "him"

Does Spongebob have a crush on a boy? Oh well, he knows the answer to that! He has a crush on his best friend Patrick! Besides they both are always together and have fun and it was too obvious because they were both close- wait... something's not right... if Spongebob DID have a crush on that pink star idiot, he'd be happy and ready to go! 

"It's just hard Gary! He won't ever like me back! Not in another year or what-so-ever! Patrick understands how I feel that's why he is with his girlfriend! Spending time with Mindy! I just can't keep writing all of the feelings how I feel during these years! And-" he stops for a moment and felt wet tears in his eyes. He weeps it and sniffs.

"I can't even have the courage to confess my feelings to him... Because every single time, when every time I go near to him. I just felt nervous! My knees are wobbling, my face is overheating, Neptune! Even my eyes are too hard to look at him now! It's like I'm not me anymore, It's like I've... I've changed..."

Squidward couldn't even have a word. He wasn't dreaming and this wasn't his hallucination. This was real! All of the feelings Spongebob feels, he is letting it all out inside of his room with Gary! "mrow (it's really hard for you to confess to him you know?)" Gary looked in the other direction "mow...(you're not just his crush, you're in love with him!)" 

Spongebob's head now just dinged, he understand now. why he has been feeling off these days now is because... he is falling in love with him! "I'm not even sure when to confess to him... I mean he's already taking his peaceful nap and there is no way he can hear me right?" 

"Meow (Of course, Squidward is just a grumpy neighbour who is having a hard time struggling with his depression)" Now the topic changes, suddenly they were both talking about him! Spongebob groaned and jumped to his bed. He landed and bounced.

"Well yeah, Squidward is trying his best to improve his style using his talents. I just don't get why people just degrade his art... I mean, all of his skills aren't that bad and they are so cool! I wish that--" he looked at Squidward's house and made a sad look. he smiled sadly "I'd wish that I can ask him just a little more time to keep him company on his house..." he then turned in a different direction, his tears are still dripping.