Lost of words

Spongebob confesses and Squidward loses it.

"I LIKE YOU!" Spongebob had said it...

After fourteen years of being co-workers and neighbors with each other... Spongebob tells him this... the octopus thinks it was a joke at first "You're joking... right...? Ha...haha..." he chuckled nervously with a smirk on his face, and Squidward felt a bit sweaty.

"I'm telling the truth Squidward!" Spongebob screamed with a crack in his voice with nervousness, blushing entirely red and covering his face with red roses.

but after another, he realized how serious he was. Squidward was speechless. His cheeks formed in a lavender color shade from his shocked expression. Squidward couldn't let out an answer...

Spongebob had developed unconditional love and affection from the cephalopod he met back in the day he first moved in at the bikini bottom...

Squidward watered his plants from the sides of his tiki house. This was his daily morning routine, which took place before Spongebob moved it. Squidward used to be free and happy at his property... no annoyance, no interruption, no disturbance. Anything...

But then he showed up...

----

Flashback

Beep beep beep beep (what was that noise?) Squidward got out of bed and opened the window, wondering where that sound led. A construction worker was building a new house beside his area.

A new neighbor? He thought slowly as he got down the stairs.

"What's going on here?" Squidward spoke out loudly, as one of the construction workers went up to him and said "we're building a new house for the buyer. Said they wanted to buy some kind of house that isn't near where the townspeople are, they chose this property instead."

Squidward huffed disinterestedly, crossing both of his arms. "They should know that some other properties cost millions of dollars to buy that kelp right? Just like what I did mine! I completely wasted all of my money just to get away from people down there!" Squidward complained with an arrogant look.

"But they bought it anyway, it's not my job to shoo them away. It's my job to build the house" he grabs the helmet from his head and strokes his thick hair. "Anyways, what's their name? I don't think you mentioned it..." Squidward asked.

As the construction worker puts back his helmet, he pulls out a dirty note. "It says here on the contract the name of that person was..." he slowly leaned closer to read the name, but the name was covered in black ink and looked smudged.

"I don't know... this one says SpongeBo... and the last name is SquarePants..." SquarePants? Squidward thought inside of his mind. That name feels... familiar...

It felt familiar because he met SquarePants when he was 14 years old. There was a boy... about exactly 2 years younger than him, named SpongeBob S. SquarePants.

He used to be a student council and his other close one was... that thin puffy hair, light blue eyes like the ocean's color, dark red freckles, a few small band-aids from his face, dorky black glasses, and those tooth-gapped teeth.

His face was blurred but he knew exactly the details of how he looked. But he couldn't believe that his old acquaintance decided to live next to his house after decades.

"Look, I hate to bother you but I have to get to work now. Keep aware of your surroundings when you're in this area..." He continued to do his work. Squidward heard a female voice coming over in front of the unfinished house. "Are you sure you want it next to this area?" The woman said holding a clipboard.