𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

I walked out of my room as Mommy walked towards my room

"I was just coming to make sure you were dressed," Mom said. "Have you done your teeth?"

"Nice and shiny see," I said giving her a toothy smile.

"Woah look how shiny they are," Mom said. "And you've done your laces up on your own. I'm so proud of you," Mom said smiling at me.

"Breakfast time?" I asked.

"Let's just do your checklist and make sure your bag is packed," Mom said.

"Okay," I said. We walked back into my bedroom. I walked over to my wall where my schedule was. Mom picked up my backpack. "I've got math class first," I said.

"What do you need for math?" Mom asked.

"My pencil case and calculator," I said.

"You've got them in your bag, "Mom said checking.

"English. I need my book," I said.

"Which one?" Mom asked.

"I can't remember," I said.

"Let me check the email Mr. Tyler sent out," Mom said. "You've got that book,"

"Then I've got gym class," I said.

"Your gym kit is at school but you need a hoodie or a jacket," Mom said. I took one of my jackets from my closet and handed it to Mom. "Your lunch is downstairs. Your notebook to write your assignments is in your bag. Now let's check your homework," Mom stood up and we walked to her bedroom because that's where I do my homework. Mom checked my notebook and slid my homework folder into my bag.

"Now, breakfast time?" I asked. Mom nodded. I ran down the stairs with Mom chasing behind me making sure I didn't fall. We walked into the dining room where Cristal, Sam, and Anders were talking about the Gala.

"From a PR standpoint, it could be considered trivial. We should postpone it," Cristal said.

"Most idiotic idea since Daddy proposed to you," Mom said. "You can't postpone the Carrington Foundation Gala," I walked over to Anders.

"Morning," I smiled.

"Good morning, Ella. Can I help you plate up breakfast?" Anders asked.

"Yes please," I said. I told Anders what I wanted to eat and he put it on a plate and set it at the table while Mom poured me a glass of juice. I sat down.

"Bad timing. That's all," Cristal said.

"Know what else is bad? Kids' educations getting ruined because you were too stressed to get a blowout. Great PR move Crissy," Mom said.

"And you are such a charitable person. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you wanting to mingle with your father's contacts," Cristal said.

"I've known those people for years. The Carrington name is not only my father's. It is also mine. As much as it disgusts me, it is yours now. Which means you have responsibilities, like it or not. You can't wash away the name like you do your heavy foundation," Mom said. I laughed. The door slammed open as Grandpa and Uncle Steven walked in both of them looked mad. I ran to Uncle Steven and he picked me up in a hug.