𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Mom and I walked downstairs for breakfast

Mom and I walked downstairs for breakfast. Except the dining room table was empty with Cristal and Grandpa sitting at the table.

"I'm sorry, is today some sort of labor holiday that I don't celebrate? Where is breakfast?" Mom asked.

"I was explaining the former Mrs. Carrington has invited you to dine in the loft. Well, not all of you. Blake and Fallon," Anders said. I zoned out bouncing around.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," I said. Mom took my hand leading me to the loft. Alexis, Uncle Steven, and Sam along with the kitchen staff were there. Bo sat on the couch.

"And I thought Bo was the only one who begged for scraps," Mom said.

"Well, hello. I was hoping you'd join us," Alexis said.

"Oh, I'm not joining you. I'm taking back breakfast... and my dog," Mom turned to Uncle Steven and Sam. "Ah. Well, well, well. Benedict Carrington and Benedict Jo, of course, you both are here,"

"So, I like eggs Benedict, you don't have to be nasty about it," Sam said.

"We're just having a meal together, Fallon. Is that such a crime?" Uncle Steven asked.

"Everything she does is criminal from her eye shadow to her patented brand of neglect," Mom said while I jumped about.

"Blame me for the past if you must," Alexis said.

"Okay," Mom said.

"But please, join us for brunch. We're celebrating Steven's engagement," Alexis said.

"Engagement?" Mom asked. I began spinning around until I knocked something on the floor. It shattered. Alexis screamed. I froze.

"That was expensive and your little brat just broke it," Alexis said to Mom. Mom picked me up.

"It was an accident and you have no right calling my daughter a brat," Mom yelled walking out.

"I'm sorry. It was an accident. I didn't mean to break it. I promise," I said panicking as I started crying.

"Princess, calm down for me," Mom said rubbing my back.

"What's wrong?" Grandpa asked.

"Ella was spinning around and hit a vase over of Mom's and Mom screamed at her," Mom said.

"Come here sweetheart," Grandpa said. Mom handed me to him. "I can't cook to save my life but I'm pretty good at putting ice cream in a dish so how about we raid the kitchen for the best ice cream sundae toppings,"

"I can't eat ice cream for breakfast," I said.

"Of course, you can," Grandpa said.

"Just this once," Mommy said.

"See," Grandpa said. I nodded. We walked to the kitchen. We made the ice cream sundae. "Perfect," Grandpa said. "Go enjoy sweetheart," I found Mom and Liam in the drawing-room.