𝐓𝐞𝐧

I was playing with Taco in the garden with Dad

I was playing with Taco in the garden with Dad. We were throwing a ball for him to fetch.

"Come on let's go get breakfast," Dad said. I nodded. We ran up to the house. Mom and Sammy were sat in the dining room. I sat next to Mom.

"I've got to get to work. Angel be good for Mom," Dad said to me kissing my head before running upstairs. I picked Taco up and put him in my lap.

"Princess, Taco can't sit at the table," Mom said putting Taco on the floor.

"Can I take him to school?" I asked.

"No princess," Mom said.

"But he's still getting used to being here and I don't want him alone in this big house," I tried.

"Sam's going to watch him," Mom said.

"Okay," I said. I started eating and fed Taco some bacon.

"Princess, Taco has already had breakfast," Mom said. "Don't go feeding him any of yours,"

"But he looks so cute," I said eating my breakfast once I finished I climbed into Mom's lap.

"Are you tired?" Mom asked. I nodded leaning on her chest. Cristal walked in.

"Where's Blake, and Steven?" Cristal asked.

"Daddy's avoiding you and Steven's avoiding Daddy, and life for that matter," Mom said. Cristal reached for a piece of gold fruit from the tray that Mommy was looking at. "Don't touch that! That's an edible 24-karat leaf, so keep your gold-digging paws off of it. It's a sample for my birthday party. The theme is "The Midas Touch" since everything I touch turns to bank,"

"Do you even know who Midas was? He destroyed his family out of greed," Cristal said.

"At least he wasn't a murderer," I said.

"Oh, God, Cristal. That's a myth. The only one destroying our family is you. But not even you can spoil my special day because not only am I turning 25, but I am getting control of my trust. And thanks to your gripping confesh, the family knows the truth about you. That you're a lying, cheating, stabber of men. This is shaping up to be the best birthday yet. Maybe when I blow out my candles, you'll be gone," Mom said picking me up and walking out.

"Can we cuddle before I have to go to school?" I asked.

"We've got to go or you're going to be late for school but we can cuddle later," Mom said.

"Promise?" I asked.

"I promise," Mom said.

Timeskip

Mom and I walked to my classroom.

"Morning Mr. Tyler," I said.

"Hey, Ella. How are we feeling today?" Mr. Tyler asked.