𝐎𝐧𝐞

3rd Person POV

Fallon stood in the doorway of her daughter's room watching her getting frustrated with whatever she was doing before she threw it at the wall. Fallon walked over to her frustrated daughter.

"Someone's had a bad day huh?" Fallon asked sitting beside her daughter.

"Mommy," Ella said climbing into Fallon's lap.

"What's got, you so frustrated princess?" Fallon asked.

"Reading is hard," Ella said. "When did you get home? I missed you a lot," Ella said holding onto Fallon.

"I just got home and I missed you too. Now how about we take a break from your reading homework and go downstairs to meet Grandpa's fiancee," Fallon suggested.

Ella's POV

Mommy picked me up and carried me downstairs to the conservatory

Mommy picked me up and carried me downstairs to the conservatory. Uncle Steven, Grandpa, and his new fiancee were sitting waiting. Mommy sat me in her lap while the room was silent.

"So, this is a nice surprise. I'm usually the one that makes things awkward around here," Uncle Steven said.

"I'm happy to relieve you of that burden," Cristal said.

"Why didn't you call me? If I knew you were coming--" Grandpa was cut off by Uncle Steven.

"Why are you so surprised? You asked us to come," Uncle Steven said. 

"When's the last time you did what I asked?" Grandpa asked as I took Mommy's hand and started playing with the rings on her finger.

"Oh, Dad, stop acting as if you don't bang all of your girlfriends in front of us. Even Ella's walked in on you," Mommy said.

"I've heard so much about you three," Cristal said.

"And we've heard nothing about you," Mommy said.

"Well, that's why I called. Get to know Cristal before the engagement party this Sunday," Grandpa said.

"So, you've told other people?" Mom asked.

"Other people called me back. It happened so fast. Cristal's been an associate in PR for four years now, but she's only recently caught my attention. She hasn't let go," Grandpa said as Cristal put her hand on Grandpa's chest showing off her ring.

"At least we know what happened to Kim Kardashian's stolen ring," Mom said.

"Fallon," Grandpa said.

"Yeah, that's ridiculous. They arrested those guys," Uncle Steven said. I started fidgeting in Mommy's lap.

"You. Not helping," Grandpa told Uncle Steven. Mom put her drink down.

"You're right, Daddy. No point getting upset. It's only an engagement. Anything can happen," Mom said taking my hand and leading me out of the room.