𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I was helping Mom with her wedding plans

"What? I asked for violet campions," Mom said to the wedding planner who was holding flowers up.

"Yes, that flower only grows on the Rock of Gibraltar. It's rare," The wedding planner said.

"So? The Carringtons and the Colbys are getting married. Flowers will be picked off your ass if we want them to be," Mom said causing me to giggle as we walked into the foyer. "Is that a swan?" 

"One of five for the indoor fountain," The wedding planner said.

"What happened to the peacocks?" Mom asked.

"Peacocks can't swim," The planner said.

"How much would it cost to teach them?" Mom asked.

"What are you doing? I am not paying for all this. My study," Grandpa told Mom.

"Oh, come on. It's your big day too, Blake," Mom said opening a bottle of champagne before we followed him. "Hey princess, can you do me a favor?" Mom asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Take this list to Mrs. Gunnerson and say "these are the list of cakes Mom wants to sample for the wedding cake," Mom said handing me a piece of paper.

"Okay," I said.

"Thank you, princess," Mom said kissing my head. I walked to the kitchen.

"Ella, what can I do for you?" Mrs. Gunnerson said.

"This is a list of the cakes Mom wants to sample for her wedding cake, please. She asked me to give you this," I said handing Mrs. Gunnerson the list.

"Thank you," Mrs. Gunnerson said. I found Mom in the foyer with Grandpa and Cristal.

"Did you give Mrs. Gunnerson the list?" Mom asked.

"Yep, all done," I said. Anders opened the door letting Jeff and Monica in.

"Hey, you," Jeff said to Mom. They kissed.

"Ready for this?" Monica asked hugging Mom.

"She was born ready," Jeff said.

"I was born naked and screaming, but I've come a long way," Mom said playing with my hair.

"Let me be the first to welcome you both to the family," Cristal said.

"I believe that's my job," Grandpa said.

"Don't jinx it. We're not married yet," Jeff said.

"And, uh, where's your father?" Grandpa asked.

"He's not coming. I know I said we'd all be here. It's important," Jeff said.

"If Cecil's not here for..." Mom was cut off.

"He won't need to rehearse anything since he won't be at the wedding either," Jeff said.

"Okay. Who's ready to talk seating charts?" A different wedding planner asked. I jumped into Mom's arms. She wrapped me in a hug.