Talking Point:

Warning: '*' out expletives and touchy subject.

So.

I was thinking: why is it that, if a girl hangs round with lots of guys at once, she's viewed as a certain type of woman, but if guys hang round with lots of girls, no one turns a hair?

This is extremely irritating. I'm not one to go on and on about feminism and how bad guys are, because feminism these days runs in too much with man-hating. But this is the only reason I can put to it: sexism. This isn't directed primarily at men, because lots of women think that girls hanging round with guys make them floozies, too.

For example: I went out with someone who used to be my friend. We bumped into her boyfriend and his mates, and ended up going round with them. Then, afterwards, I was called a sl*g! just because they were guys doesn't make us Sl*gs. They were the opposite gender, so that makes us floozies? There was nothing sexual or seductive I aimed at anyone. Hanging round with the opposite gender isn't any any different to going round with the same gender, unless that is some kind of sexual intent. However there was none in this scenario, and everyone knew that. How is that alright? I was just enjoying myself with people I thought were friends. At the time it was fine (afterwards it wasn't, but that's a different matter). If I was going round with a group of girls, no one would call me a sl*g, even if I was gay/pan/bi etc.

Just because they were the opposite gender it had to mean I was wanton in the eyes of everyone else? So, what, if my mother went for a walk with my father and his brother, she wouldn't be called a sl*g! But because I'm young, we weren't related and there were three straight guys and two straight girls, we were called names. How is that - in any way shape or form - okay?!

Sorry if I've offended anyone here. No opinions were meant to be ruffled and I respect everyone's views :)