scammed ✨

Was at the fair with my brother today. On the leaflet for the fair, it says "one pound a token". So we went there, and asked for two. Straight away, it was apparent they'd cheated us a little when the guy told us that it was one pound twenty for a token. We payed anyway and tried to get on a ride. They then told us - despite it saying nowhere on the ad - it was four tokens to board this particular ride. We, however, didn't have the money to buy any more and since we discovered after looking around a bit that we couldn't go on any ride in the fair for just one, we returned immediately to the office where the tokens were sold without using ours at all.

I approached the guy on the desk, and explained that we couldn't use our tokens anywhere and, since we didn't have the money to buy more and couldn't have only one of us go on a ride alone, could we please have our money back seeing as we have returned the unused tokens so that someone else can buy them?

Apparently not. He told us they were non-refundable - this was also stated nowhere in the ad. I asked him where it said this, and he goes, "I'm telling you now, love."

First of all, calling me love is pervey?
And secondly that's not what I asked.

Despite me asking him to show me where on the leaflet - or anywhere else, for a matter of fact - it said it was non-refundable, he produced nothing, just kept on calling me 'love' and saying it just was. It was obviously not a rule and the tokens were obviously very refundable, but of course we left without our money, two useless tickets that we gave to some random people, and feeling incredibly scammed.

Lesson: always read small print. Or even better, don't go to dodgy fairs.