9- Remember The Date

If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.
-
Alfred Tennyson

“A date?” Hanna asked over the phone.

“A real date.” I added, frantically shuffling through my closet. “A boyfriend/ girlfriend kind of date.”

“Okay, so what do you need me for?” She asked.

“Hanna!” I shrieked at her in a panic as I came out of my closet, moving my disheveled hair from my face. “I have exactly two and a half hours to get ready and I can’t find a thing to wear!”

“Have no worries,” She laughed at my distress. “I’ve had the perfect dress picked out since the first time you mentioned his name. Be there before you can blink.”

I sighed heavily and then hung up the phone and waited for Hanna to arrive, which only took her less than a minute, a possible record.

“Nervous?” Hanna asked.

“More like freaking out so badly, I feel like my hair’s going to fall out before he even gets here.”

She laughed and tossed the pink dress that was draped in her arms onto my bed as I sat in my office chair, brushing through my hair for the twentieth time in the past two hours.

“I think your hair is brushed enough.” She said with amusement.

“You think?” I asked, biting my lower lip anxiously.

“Mags, why are you so worried?” She asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged and looked up at her. “I really like him.”

“And he really likes you, so there is really no need to worry about anything- this will be perfect.” Hanna assured me. “Breathe.”

I followed her advice and took a few shaky breaths, closing my eyes and breathing in as much air as I could before letting it all out.

“Who’s dress is that?” I asked, eying the gorgeous dress on the bed.

“Tanya’s. We secretly raided all of our closets this morning and this was the best we found. It’s perfect, isn’t it?”

I nodded and picked it up in my hands. “It’s amazing.” It was a pretty pink with an intricate golden design covering the fabric. The dress was simply made- just strapless and ending a few inches above my knees, nothing fancy. The amazing design was enough to speak for this amazing dress.

“And you have the perfect shoes, too.”

I sighed, moving over to my closet. I knew exactly which shoes she was talking about- they were gold flats. I was thankful that she didn’t force me into a pair of heels again.

Other than nervous, I was feeling a whole wave of feelings. I was excited, not just because this was an actual date, but because I get to see Evan again. Just thought of seeing him brings anticipation flooding through me. And that kiss- those kisses drive me crazy every time I even try to think about them. I also felt anxiety about the date- what if it didn’t go well? That thought was diminished quickly. Of course it was going to go well, it was Evan. Nothing can’t be perfect when he’s around. That realization killed a lot of the nerves as I lined my eyes with eyeliner and mascara after getting dressed and straightening my hair with the appreciated help of Hanna as she chatted my ear off.

“You guys are going to be perfect together. I so told you that this was going to happen, I told you so!” She squealed, finishing the last strands of my hair.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her, running a thin comb through my finished, dirty blonde-brownish hair. “Is that the only reason that you came over? To gloat.” I asked her.