14- Remember The Backseat

So baby drive slow
'til we run out of road in this one horse town
I wanna stay right here in this passenger's seat
You put your eyes on me
In this moment now capture it, remember it
-
Taylor Swift, Fearless

Being with Evan was like driving down a highway. Looking out the window, everything is blurring, nonexistent, unimportant. But in the car, everything is still. Time stops. We stop. We are in our own little bubble- on our own planet. Problems dissolve into nothing, frowns turn into smiles, nothing matters when it's just me and him. Just me and him. I love our silent highway. I crave it.

And while we laid in his bed, oblivious to the outside world, our world had stopped.

We weren't speaking, or laughing, but just staring. I laid on my right side with my head resting on one of his Evan-scented pillows. Evan was laying on his left side, mirroring my cozy position, but we weren't touching in anyway as we laid there in silence and just stared at each other. His green eyes piercing into my blue ones. Reading my every thought, it seemed.

I stared right back, trying to read his emotions, his thoughts. I think he was thinking about us. Because that's what I was thinking about. I was wondering how the hell it was possible to love somebody so much in just under a month. How could I love somebody as strongly as I love that green eyed boy? What the hell did he do to me?

I also wondered how he could look at me like that- with those eyes. He looks so happy, so loving towards me. But I don't understand. I'm not anything special, I'm really not. Only extraordinary people get this kind of romance, feel these kinds of feelings. Incredibly gorgeous people like Hanna get these kind of happy endings and fall this hard.

This shouldn't happen to me.

Oh, but it has. Part of me sings. It has and you're lucky that it's with somebody who feels the same way with you. Go with it.

"What are you thinking about?" Evan whispers, as if he thought that talking would ruin our moment, so he was only whispering.

"You." I whispered back. "And me. Us, I suppose."

He moves his hand and brushes it along my cheek bone softly, causing me to close my eyes momentarily and lean into his hand, absorbing his touch. "What about us?"

"Everything about us." I whispered.

"You look scared." He said with a worried look on his face.

"Are you scared?" I croaked.

He gave me a small smile that warmed my heart with reassurance. "I'm terrified."

"Me too." I agreed.

"But the best adventures are the ones you don't expect." He repeated and I'm becoming to think that that's his catch phrase. I like it- it suits him well.

"Well I sure as hell never expected this adventure." I mumbled with a soft laugh. "Never in a million years did I expect this."

He grinned yet another heart melting grin and leaned closer to me, placing his lips on mine softly. "Those are the best ones, baby." And his lips were on mine for another mind blowing kiss. I was assured then that this was really happening.

I was really falling. I was falling hard. But Evan was there. He was catching me, with arms wide open.

"Evan!" Jason's voice broke apart our slow-moving kiss from outside the door.

"Yeah?" Evan called back after a few shaky breaths.

"Is your girlfriend still here?" He called through the door.