11- Remember The Lake

Some people care too much. I think it's called love.
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

"How long has it been?" Tanya asked me in the crowded car.

"We made it official exactly a week ago from tomorrow." I answered with a small smile.

"And Brendon didn't murder him?" Amy asked incredulously.

"Nope." I chirped. "He actually likes him."

Aaron huffed. "That is no fair."

"Yeah, we had to jump through frikkin' hoops." Chris agreed.

"Well you guys aren't as great as Evan." Marissa teased.

I laughed at that, but didn't say anything in response.

"Where do I go from here?" Hanna asked beside me as she drove down the road towards Evan's house. Aaron, Tanya, and Chris- with Amy on his lap- were in the back. I was in the passenger seat and Marissa was in the center of the front while Hanna was driving. We were on our way to the lake, and were very much determined to squeeze into one car so we didn't have to waste gas. 

"Turn left here." I told her, and then she turned onto Evan's street.

"So are you two like, serious?" Chris asked curiously.

I shrugged. "I think so. I mean, we've only been together for a week, but even Cody likes him and that's saying a lot. Plus I really like him, and we've hung out every day for the past week."

"And by hang out you mean..." Hanna trailed off, expecting me to fill in the blank.

"Heavily making out." Marissa filled in for me.

"Not all the time." I defended.

"Have you guys had sex?" Hanna asked bluntly.

I rolled my eyes, but everyone could see my blush. "No and if we did, you know I'd tell you the second after he left."

"So what have you done?" Tanya asked curiously.

Again, I blushed, but I didn't get the opportunity to answer her.

"Just heavy making out and groping." Marissa predicted. Can't they tell that I don't want to talk about this stuff?

"What base?" Chris called teasingly.

"You guys are horrible." I groaned and they all looked at me expectantly. "Second, okay? Second base. Happy?"

They all burst out laughing at my expense when I told Hanna to turn into Evan's drive way. I was about to text him and tell him that we were here, but right before the message sent, I noticed the door opening and he sauntered out the door.

I got out of the car and he smiled at me, a beautiful smile that I had no choice but to return.

"Hey." I chirped, right before he stepped closer to me and planted his lips on mine for a short, simple kiss. It was a nice kiss and even though it wasn't intense or with tongue or too passionate, like some of the kisses that we'd shared, it was nice and still sent butterflies into a frenzy in my stomach.

"Hey." He repeated. "Are we all taking just one car? Because I can take the truck."

"No, we're determined to only take one car. I just have to sit on your lap." I explained.

He smirked at that. "Gladly."

I rolled my eyes with an unstoppable smile as he slid into the passenger side and I bent down into the car next, sitting down diagonally on his lap and closing the door.