18- Remember When We Camped

“Maggie!” Somebody whisper-yelled in my ear.

I groaned tiredly and flipped over, stuffing my face into my pillow in attempt to drown out the noise and to find sleep again.

“Baby, wake up.” The person whispered with his hand on my shoulder, lightly shaking me in another attempt to wake me up.

I just shook my head feebly and continued to pray to the sleep gods for just another five minutes of sleep.

“You asked for it.” He sang tauntingly and then his voice was gone. For a moment, I found this as a good thing and inhaled deeply, satisfied with the silence yet again. But then, I felt a pair of soft, familiar lips rest on my neck and move against my skin expertly. His tongue traced my collar bone and then he began to pepper kisses all around the skin of my neck and shoulders.

“Evan.” I moaned, opening my eyes to see him leaning over me. I arched my back in tired ecstasy and moaned a little louder.

“Are you up yet?” He murmured, letting his hand begin to grope one of my tank top-clad breast.

“You’re such a dick.” I grunted, finding the strength inside of me to push him off of me, knowing that I couldn’t kiss him with my morning breath.

“It’s the only way to get you up.” He defended as I hurried past him, out of my room, and into the bathroom down the hall as he followed me.

“What are you doing here, anyway? And why am I being woken up on a weekend? In summer?” I whined, picking up my toothbrush and proceeding to brush my teeth while Evan stood in the doorway with an excited smirk on his face.

“I can tell you’re not a morning person.”

“You think?” I grumbled, but the words were muffled with my toothbrush.

“Okay, but you better get your happy pants on because I have a big surprise for you and we have a busy day ahead of us.” He grinned at me.

I tried to give him a glare, but with that grin- the last of my morning irritableness was lifting away. “What are we doing?” I asked, spitting into the sink and continuing to brush my teeth.

“Well, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if I told now, now would it?”

“So it’s a surprise?” I asked, finishing with my toothbrush and rinsing it off.

He grinned excitedly and nodded. “Kind of.”

“It better be worth getting out of bed so early for.” I told him with a pointed look.

His grin widened. “I think it is, but then again, I’m not as grumpy as you are in the mornings.”

I glared at him jokingly. “Well then you better tell me what we’re doing or let me sleep.” I grabbed my hairbrush from the corner of the sink, aware that it probably looked like a rats’ nest on top of my head.

“You’ll see soon enough, Princess.” He told me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him.

“I’m trying to brush my hair.” I pointed out when I realized that moving my arms around was now difficult.

“You look beautiful already.” He murmured, pressing his lips to my neck softly.

“I don’t.” I protested with a girly smile and an annoying blush that revealed how much he really affected me, continuing to attempt to brush my embarrassingly frizzy hair.

“Oh, but you do.”

I gave him a pointed look that told him that I wouldn’t do anything without brushing my hair first, so he sighed heavily.