chapter 1

Disclaimer:
I tried very hard to fit my OC in age-wise somehow, but shit's hard... and I just realised that every single member of the pack is a high school student. For some reason I thought they were grown ass men... oops. So anyways don't try to fact check the numbers in this book, it was confusing enough to try and figure out the ages of the characters... the point is that Nika graduates at the same time Bella does, and Paul and Jared are a year older than them. (Fun fact, canonically Paul and Jacob are supposed to be the same age like wtf, I thought Paul was Sam's age).

Besides Nika and her storyline, I don't own Twilight or the characters in it, I'm just using them for fanfiction purposes.

The beginning will be a little fast paced, but just because I need to quickly build the context and base for the story to actually start.

Enjoy🩵

***

***

***

***

***

***

Nika Uley

I knew my family was involved in some shady business. That was partly the reason I moved away the moment I was able to.

My father was probably the reason both me and Sam, my brother were so fucked up. I was barely a toddler when he just upped and left. He simply didn't feel like raising two kids anymore. He could have used a condom, but no... he actually knocked my mother up, twice, and then left.

My mom was a rather unstable woman... but she was my mom. I loved her. Not that she played much part in my upbringing, but still. At least she checked on me every now and then.

Sam, on the other hand... he kind of raised me and gave me all the love and attention I couldn't receive from our father, and could barely receive from our mother. He protected me, taught me how to ride a bike, made sure I ate and drank my water. And so on.

And then my freshman year in high school started...

All of a sudden, Sam became distant. He didn't want to talk to me, his relationship with Leah Clearwater was going South, and him and I kind of grew apart. I had a great friendship group, but it was broken up the moment Paul Lahote, a sophomore decided to break the heart of my friend, Bethany. She became depressed, and got into a fight with my other friend, Alex. Because I was madly in love with him, I sided with him, and there went my friendship group.

So to sum up, I became a depressed teenager, which lead to me becoming rebellious, which lead to my mom sending me away to a boarding school. And honestly, with all the shady business La Push was going through, I was happy to leave for a while. I cut all ties, and only ever talked with Jacob Black, who was somewhat a family friend, and chatty enough to text me back when I was curious and wanted some La Push gossip.

But boarding school was expensive, and I had a shit time there anyways, so eventually I moved back to La Push. I was planning on finishing my last year there, but as I had no mood for my old high school, and old dramas, I decided to go to the nearest high school instead.

To Forks.

It was a fun school. I made friends with a girl called Alice, but literally two weeks into high school, she told me her family had to move away. Just my luck.

"We'll meet again" she said with a sad smile on her last day at school, then left me, in utter confusion. She was always a little weird, not to mention her boyfriend, Jasper, who was even weirder, but they were both fun to be around, and Alice was very enthusiastic about me for some reason.