chapter 13

After the ceremony I followed Seth to congratulate the newlyweds. The young wolf was extremely hyped over Edward and Bella for some reason. I hugged Bella and flashed a smile at Edward, then walked up to Alice to congratulate her on organising.

"How about you organise my wedding too?"

"We'll see about that" she smiled.

"I have to admit, this is not horrible" said Paul, looking around Alice's setting.

She flashed a blinding smile.

"Well, if even Paul likes it, that really confirms my theory that I'm simply a genius."

I giggled with her, but then my eyes caught a bunch of extremely pretty people approaching Edward and Bella.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Oh, those are the Denalis" said Alice.

"Right, the kind of cousins" I mumbled. Honestly, I was jealous. I already felt my self-esteem dropping as I made friends with the Cullens, but this much hotness was too much for me.

What made me a little mad was when one of the pretty vampires walked up to Alex. So I walked over too.

"Hey Alex, I was looking for you" I said, folding my arms, and stopping in front of the woman.

Alex seemed a little startled, and took a step back from me, which left me a little confused. Was it because I really showed up as a surprise or because he wanted to suck on my veins? His eyes went a few shades darker, which kind of answered my question. From the corner of my eyes, I could see both Emmett and Paul getting a bit closer to us, just in case.

Alex's reaction to me almost made me completely forget about the gorgeous being in front of me.

"You must be Nika, I've heard so much about you" she said.

"Yeah, I am" I said suspiciously.

"I'm Kate. And don't worry, your boyfriend is not my type" she said, smirking. I was shocked.

"Are you like Edward, or something?"

"No, honey, it's just incredibly easy to read a human's emotions from their face."

I nodded slowly.

"Is that your bodyguard?" she asked, nodding to Paul who let out an animalistic growl in return.

"Paul's a... friend."

"He's a family friend" smiled Alex, and I smiled right back at him, reminiscing a little.

"You two... know each other?" Asked Bella, looking between me and Jacob.

"He's a family friend" I shrugged. "How do you two know each other?" I asked.

Bella laughed a little.

"He's a family friend" she said as well, making me giggle too.

"So Alex, this is Jacob, CEO of being a family friend, and Jacob, this is Alex, my boyfriend" I said, as the two shook hands.

"Well, he should shower" said Kate. I whipped my head to her extremely fast, showing her how rude she was being.

"Paul smells nice, it's not his fault you're all allergic to fur."

Silence.

Like, dead silence. Paul looked slightly amused, but he was hiding it all too well, and Alex was just frozen in place.