chapter 8

"So... you basically listened to a bunch of stories you already knew anyways" summed up Alex, as I was telling him all about the council meeting. Well not the part about Paul and me reminiscing, I doubted he would've liked the idea of me hand in hand with the only guy he truly disliked. I had no business feeling bad about it, but for some reason I did anyways.

"Yeah. It was amazing" I smiled. "Next time you should come along."

"Me? Among the pack? I don't know" he laughed.

"They like you" I pointed out.

"I don't know..."

"Well Embry and Leah like you. Sam tolerates you because he knows I love you. Emily's fond of you too."

"Good to know" sighed Alex. "Packed everything?" He asked as he watched me trying to close my backpack.

"Well I'm only going for a day" I shrugged. "We'll make it as quick as possible."

"So let me get this straight... you're going on a road trip with two vampires."

"You have that right" I smirked.

"Take care" he said, being serious and embracing me. I felt a little cold in his embrace, but comfortable nonetheless. I planted a kiss on his lips.

"I will. Now take me to the border" I said excitedly, dragging him down the stairs of my house. The positive side of him knowing about everything was that he could hang out at my house anytime now.

"You're going?" Asked Sam, who was sitting in the couch, just chilling.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure I can't go with you?" He asked.

"Yeah. The pack needs you here."

"Embry then?"

"Embry hates planes" I pointed out.

"Well Paul then" he suggested carefully. I took a look at Alex quickly, but he seemed unbothered.

"Just because I don't hate him with a passion anymore, doesn't mean I want him as my travel companion" I said quickly. "See you in a day, big bro" I added, dragging Alex out with me.

"So you and Paul are friends now?" Asked Alex once we were in his car, driving towards the border. They weren't scared to leave me unattended anymore, knowing that Victoria wouldn't harm me anyways.

"We talked at the council thing. I don't think we will ever be friends, but hey... did you know that Bethany had a crush on me?"

"Yeah" he shrugged.

"Erm excuse me??" I asked, suddenly upset with him.

"Well it was rather obvious. Not gonna lie, her getting together with Paul surprised me."

"So why did you never mention it to me?" I asked.

"I don't know... I always guessed that you just wanted to avoid the topic..."

We arrived to the border where Jasper and Alice were already waiting for me. I hugged the both of them in excitement, forgetting that Jasper was still having troubles with restraint.

"Oh, sorry" I said quickly as I let go of him.

"It's fine, I'm getting used to your scent" he said.

I turned back to Alex and gave him a long kiss as a goodbye.

"I'll be back in a few hours."

"Aren't you gonna introduce us?" Asked Alice from the distance. I giggled a little and brought Alex closer to them.