chapter 5

"You could have told me sooner" said Alex, laughing his ass off.

"I liked seeing you a little jealous" I admitted.

"Well in that case, why don't you introduce us? Now that I know he's absolutely no threat, I'd like to meet the guy who apparently you get along with so well."

"One day" I said, smiling. "Now I just want to spend some quality time with you."

He smiled and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back of course, and I was happy we were finally alone, just the two of us. But still, knowing that the wolves were watching the house, I didn't want to take it further. Imagine them watching me have sex. Ugh.

The boys would probably be like "don't blame me, it was Alpha's orders".

"Hey uh... Now that we've been dating for a few months..." said Alex uncertainly, and I raised a brow at him. "Listen, I've always loved you as a friend."

My heart dropped. Was he dumping me??

"But in freshman year, it was a friendly kind of love."

Okay, that sounded promising.

"But ever since you came back... it's been different. I mean, obviously, but... I guess what I'm trying to say... uh..."

I looked at him, trying not to smile. I knew exactly what he was trying to say.

"I'm in love with you" he blurted finally, making me melt. I could see he was waiting for me to say it back. "I know we never said it, but I've been meaning to tell you for quite some time."

"I'm in love with you too" I said, quickly giving him a peck.

"Holy shit we're in love" he cheered and I had to laugh at him being so excited for us. I just hated that there were so many things I had to keep from him.

————————————————

"You're taking me WHERE??" I asked, looking at Alice wide-eyed.

"To Esme's island" she said, smiling. "There's a woman there, Kaure, she knows a lot about tribes and legends. She could help your situation. Especially after you showed those signs of strength with Embry and Paul as well."

"So... we're off to a vacation?" I asked.

"Absolutely" grinned Alice.

"Oh God, sign me up" I laughed. "Can I take Alex?"

Alice's face fell.

"I don't know... do you really think he'd fit in with me and Jasper? Plus he'd be weirded out."

"Oh... you're right" I said, being a little sad, but not wanting to push it.

"It has to wait, though" said Jasper. "We're hunting tonight. Victoria's going to be here."

I looked at Alice.

"You saw it?"

She nodded slowly. I sighed.

"Guess I'm grounded tonight, then" I said, laughing dryly.

"Something like that" said Alice. "You know, the only reason me and Sam get somewhat along is you" she said, smiling.

"Why do you like me so much?" I asked, smiling back at her. "I mean... am I not a wolf girl?"

"I know your future, honey. Well, not all of it, but I know you'll play an important part in my family. So I'd protect you with everything I have, and all the Cullens feel the same."

"Even Rosalie?" I asked skeptically.

"Cut her some slack" laughed Jasper. "She doesn't like you or Bella much, but she's still family."