*a black christmas*

Dearest Readers,

Thank you for continuing! I hope you are all liking the direction it's going & the direction it will continue to go. I loved writing this chapter because it brought out a little more of Andie & Jake's friendship and I was able to test the waters for how they cared for each other.

Billy, on the other hand, probably already has them as his OTP.

Let me know what you think, as always, and give this story a follow or even follow my page to stay in touch with the updates to come!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

They ended up driving over to the Black Residence in my newly fixed up car, which was a bonus. I had shoved on some boots and grabbed my jacket like Jake told me to, and we were off to his house within minutes.

"Are you sure I don't need to bring anything over?" I asked, looking over at him worriedly. I was glad he was driving so I had more time to fret myself to death.

He let out a laugh. "Andromeda, I am positive you do not need to bring anything over. My dad and I were literally only planning on ordering some pizza so you're not expected to do anything grand or bring any horderves, nothing like that."

I blinked. "You know what an horderve is?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not an idiot."

"Never said you were." I looked out the window for a moment before adding, "I'm pretty sure I only learned what an hourderve was last year. My brother and I made a friend who's pretty rich and invited us on a trip."

He laughed. "That'll do it."

"Yeah, where I grew up, we called them appetizers."

Jake's laughter fell into a natural smile. "You don't have to worry about bringing any apps over, just know we have no expectations of you at all to be honest. I didn't even think about inviting you until today before I left, I thought you'd have plans."

I shrugged. "Kinda hard to have plans when the rest of your family is on the other side of the country."

He nodded to himself as he pulled the car into his drive. "That makes sense. But you aren't going home for a day or two, either." He put the car in park and looked over at me curiously. "Any particular reason for that?"

I choked out a laugh. "Well, aren't you Mr. Nosy?"

He shrugged. "Just curious, is all."

I nodded, before hopping out of the car as he turned off the engine. I grabbed my usual bag and hauled it over my shoulder as I made my way to the porch, hearing Jake's footsteps following me.

"So are you gonna tell me why you stayed here or not, Ands?"

I blinked, turning around to watch him walk up to me slowly. "What's with the nickname?"

He rolled his eyes, stopping in front of me. "You keep avoiding the question."

"It's probably because it's a question I don't particularly want to answer."

"Why?"

I had to keep myself from stomping my foot in frustration, instead sticking to clenching my fists at my sides. "Are you always this annoying to everyone, or is it just me?"

"Just you, to be honest," He admitted. His smile turned into a small frown. "You're not actually mad at me, though?"

I sighed. "Look, let's just not talk about why I didn't go home, okay? There's a lot to unpack in that conversation and I just want to enjoy the day."