*the truth comes out*

Dearest Readers,

Happy Tuesday! I hope you enjoy this chappy, as much as I did writing it. It starts to unravel a few things that have been going on as we start to get to the internalized issues within our pack. Of course there's a lot of learning to do, but they're young. It'll take time. 

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Out of sheer spite and annoyance, I figured it would just be best if I avoided those dogs altogether. It had been shown earlier they didn't really want me around, so why would I need to go make sure they know I was safe and sound?

Did they even know I had been missing for the past day?

This was not the way I had wanted to spend my New Years.

Or, at least, I hope I have been missing for only a day. Who knows how long I was unconscious? Unfortunately, the Orcas can't exactly tell time so it wasn't like I could go ask them.

Hopefully Annabeth and my mom have been unaware about the past day or so's events. The last thing I needed was Annabeth or someone else from camp coming out here and mucking everything up. Not that there was anything to muck up that I hadn't already accomplished, but if I was to help the people going missing, I was going to have to find a way to get along with the locals.

Which meant... figuring out how to control my urges to blast Bella Swan in the face with both water and my fists.

I let out a long sigh as I snuck past Sam and Emily's house before taking the familiar path to my own.

It was when I was about only a minute from my house when I felt my body start to really lose all the adrenaline that had still been coursing through me. The closer I got to the promise of sanctuary and security, the more exhausted I became.

Thank gods no one was out and about, I just needed to go to bed and take a nice long nap. It really didn't matter what time of day it was. Maybe a shower, too.

I smelled my armpits, and winced.

Yep, I definitely need a shower, too.

"Did you actually just smell your pits?"

I blinked, turning around to see the familiar face of Paul looking at me with wide eyes and raised brows. "Uh... maybe?"

Paul was of course not wearing a shirt and only dressed in cut off jeans that went just above his knee. His eyes were narrowed as he took in my disheveled appearance and the fact that I was wearing the same clothes as I did on New Year's Eve.

He let out a huff of air. "We thought you were lost."

I raised a brow, before turning to continue to walk to my house, making him follow me if he wanted to continue this conversation.

I needed food. I was hungry.

"Where have you been?" Paul continued, "It's been two days, Guppy. We thought-"

"Is that Andie?"

"Oh my God, it's Andie!"

I am immediately tackled at both sides and wrestled into what I think were supposed to be hugs but felt more like choke holds. Essentially, I was smothered by dark skin and sweat.

I felt my shoulders clench up and I stood ram-rod straight while trying to ignore the stench of BO. "Embry, Quil, I like you both, but if you don't let me go that's gonna change really quickly," I warned them.

They both immediately jumped away just as Sam and Jared walked out of the brush, looking at me with shock. "Where were you?" Jared asked, stopping just next to Paul and crossing his arms. "Kim was freaked that you went missing."