*the council of elders*

Dearest Readers,

I hope you all enjoy the newest installment! Let me know what you think.

XOXO Ally Layne. 

---

"I just want a blue pop tart and a nap," I insisted as we got closer to Sam and Emily's house.

I was really starting to regret allowing them to bring me this way, considering I was still upset with Sam over how he treated me in front of everyone. I had the right to be a little miffed after his little dressing down, didn't I?

Yes. The answer is yes, I did.

After delivering a seriously painful nipple twister to Paul, the other pack members backed off. Jared was running patrol, and apparently was informing Sam of the newest events.

I so didn't want to talk to the Pack Leader or whatever he was.

The anxiety over the impending doom of our discussion was becoming a literal weight on my chest, and the closer we got to their home, the heavier the weight seemed to get.

"You can have a blue pop tart and a nap," Paul said, "But not yet. We just need to go check with Sam and make sure he knows about the red head." His eyes narrowed in my direction. "Also, you should tell him about the fishies you sent after the vamps. I'm sure that's something he'll want to know."

I pursed my lips to keep myself from pouting like I wanted to. "And that's not something you can tell him because...?"

Embry coughed. "Because it's better coming from you, Andie."

I glared at him over my shoulder. "Would you stop me if I ran?"

It seemed like Paul took that as a dare, because he took one step in my direction and immediately flung me over his shoulder into a fireman-carry, with me kicking and screaming the entire way.

"What the fu-"

"Keep it down, Princess."

I used my elbow to ram right into his spine.

Of course, the asshat didn't even flinch.

"You put me down, you... you..."

"Dog got your tongue?" Quil asked, from behind Paul, and his head was the perfect height for me to give him an upside down glare.

"Shut up, asshole."

Quil snickered. "I'm not the one carrying you, Ands."

"Do you think he'll let me go if I asked nicely?" I tried.

"Nope," Paul answered. "You're going to Sam and Emily's and that's that."

"What if I drowned you, would you let go then?" I threatened.

Alas, my threat came too late.

We were here.

"Paul? And who is that you're- oh, Andie?" I heard Emily's voice ask. "Paul, what did you do?"

Even though Emily was getting a mighty good look at my ass, I was quick to respond. "Emily! He's carrying me without my consent! Make him stop!"

"Paul, let her go."

I smirked at Quil and Embry, who were watching us with barely concealed laughter. "Careful, boys. I might just drown you for being complicit in this asshole-ness."

Paul swung me around and placed me on my feet, handling me as though I was a doll that could just be tossed around.

Hades, for men their size, perhaps someone like me is like a doll that could be thrown around, but I was definitely not into that.