*new year same me*

Dearest Readers,

This chapter is a long one, and because of that it took a long time to write, so I really hope you like it! I don't think the next chapter is going to be as long, so I hope you enjoy this while it lasts (awkward laugh).

As always, favorite the story, follow the story, favorite me as an author/follow me as an author- whatever floats your boat. Just let me know what you think ;)

XOXO Ally Layne.

--- 

The week passed by relatively slowly.

Paul came over a few different times, demanding to watch some movies with me. We ended up settling on the Hangover, which was absolutely ridiculous. Especially considering he decided he was going to try to recreate it for Sam's bachelor party.

It took some convincing, but I think he'll bring me along for the ride. I wonder if the Mist works on ID's?

Anyway.

It was New Year's Eve, and I was just about to walk into Sam and Emily's house with Paul, who had awkwardly arrived at the same time as I did. He was quickly becoming one of my favorite pack members, if only just because of his sarcastic outlook on life.

It was very funny, too, watching him get annoyed as Hades about Jake.

"I'm sorry, but what does the dumbass see in that vamp-tramp anyway?" he asked one night when we were lounging on my couch after nearly eating ourselves into a pizza-coma. I was so proud of Paul for actually wearing a shirt when he came over that I had offered to buy him dinner. He might've been wearing cut off shorts, but that was beside the point.

I had been explaining what happened at Christmas, and Paul decided to go on a long verbal rampage about how horrible of a friend Jake was to let me leave.

"I was the one who left, ya dingus," I told him after letting out a loud burp. "Did you not listen to a word that I just said?"

He shrugged. "I heard that Jake abandoned you for that vamp whore, Guppy."

I let out a low growl. "Don't call me Guppy."

Paul snorted right when he was taking a sip of his Mountain Dew, making it come out of his nose.

"Ewe, gross!"

He gave me a dark stare. "This is your fault."

"You're the one who called me guppy, you dog."

He let out a dramatic sigh. "What do you have against guppies, anyway?"

I rolled my eyes. "I am not a fish, whereas you actually are a dog. That's the difference."

Even though the guy was insistent on calling me guppy, which also happened to be small, like really small. It was obvious he was referring to my smaller stature, which wasn't even that small compared to everyone else in the United States but apparently I had to surround myself with giants.

Sigh.

Everything became even worse, though, when it was clear that Jake had told Bella about my demigod status. Paul revealed it to me when we were watching one of the Hangover movies, which nearly brought me to my boiling point.

"I'm gonna kill him," I decided, before I marched to the door, only to be grabbed and hauled back onto the couch by Paul himself who told me to calm down.

Apparently, it was a simple mistake and he was very upset that the accidentally spilled the beans. I still wanted to kill him, though.

Paul decided to beat him up on my behalf during one of their routine runs, which made me happy as he gave me the play by play of it the next day. I wish it was me who beat the shit out of him, but I figured he got what was coming to him.