* i get threatened (again) *

Hey there, Readers!

Thank you all for reading this story, if you like it, feel free to check out any of my others or to follow me to get more information about the upcoming chapters! I really appreciate all the support from you guys! 

XOXO Ally Layne

---

When Chief Swan knocked on the door the next day at 10 in the morning, I knew that this day was going to be a long one. I quickly grabbed a draw bag and tossed my purse, some granola bars, and a bottle of water in it, then hurried to meet him at the door.

I was wearing a grey racerback tank top underneath one of my brother's old plaid shirts along with a pair of jeans with holes in the knees from the number of times I fell down while sword fighting with Percy. My mom insisted that I didn't need another pair, considering holes are a new fashion in jeans, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that it doesn't mean holes in the knees.

So, I guess I'll just let my knees get some nice action being out in the open.

I knew Chief Swan was planning on bringing me to the Black's residence, because what other reason would he have for showing up? At least, I hope he doesn't' have another reason for showing up.

The Forks Police Chief looked down at me sternly when I opened the door. "Uh... hello, Chief Swan."

"May I come in?"

I blinked, looking back at my drawstring bag next to the door with a wince. "Sure, just make yourself at home or something."

He nodded and kindly slipped his shoes off on the doormat and moved to sit down on one of the couches in the living room, gesturing for me to follow.

"I've done some research on you, young lady."

Oh, here we go again.

"Okay?" I nervously picked at the end of my ponytail, watching him carefully as he let out a deep sigh.

"I discovered that you and your twin brother Perseus were declared fugitives a while back," he started, his dark brown eyes carefully taking in my posture. "Care to explain that to me?"

Of course, I knew he was only doing his job and trying to protect the people he cared about, but come on. That was years ago.

"I was twelve, and my mom went missing after Percy and I's stepdad decided to hurt her," I told him, working to make sure my face was as vulnerable as possible. "He kicked us out and we were kidnapped by some jerk. We were running from him and our stepfather who claimed we had stolen his car." His eyes widened. "Which we had nothing to do with."

His lips clasped together tightly and his eyes continued to carefully dissect not just my words but the body language I was showing. "Go on."

I decided I must've been doing pretty well, when I continued, "The cops ended up discovering the truth when my mom was found and my stepdad went running. Percy and I were saved and that jerk might not've been captured but we've never seen him again."

Chief Swan nodded. "Well, that certainly clears some things up." His brow raised slightly. "There were different stories about what occurred, and one of them included you and your brother blowing up the St. Louis Arch?"

I choked out a laugh. "That was what we did to get away from the guy chasing us. It's what inevitably got us freed."

He nodded again in understanding. "Where is your brother now? And why is it that you're still technically a minor while not going to school?"