Super Smelter Shenanigans

(Another Oneshot based of something I said on @KitKatExists' wall. Man I get some good ideas for things there- Anyways Enjoy!!!)

I lean back in my chair turning off my console. I had just came up with an amazing idea. It first came to me when I was watching Mumbo. I love the fact many other Players record themselves at times showing people what they do. I've been putting it off for a while, but knowing how it doesn't seem anyone had thought about doing it, I've decided to record my first video. 

I create a world, flat obviously, and make sure I have everything I need to make this contraption.

Mumbo's super smelter.

Now I'm unsure if this idea is originally his, but since I saw him build this on both the Hermitcraft server and on a tutorial world a few years back I decided to give it a try. He did do a way different design on Hermitcraft, than the one I would be building here myself. Plus Redstone does break after a while, things don't always work, so it's also like a test to see if it still does.

So onto my idea. Mumbo used furnaces to cook potatoes. And I know the newer versions and such, so I realised smokers exist. Smokers do the same thing, cook eight items per one coal. Though they do it twice as fast, and possibly more EXP. And Super Smelters are meant to make the smelting process faster. I set up my console to record, introducing myself, and getting started on the contraption. I'll be entirely honest, I have no idea what anything does I'm just following what I remember Mumbo doing. I make the normal furnace one first putting in some potatoes, before moving onto the one using smokers. After I'm done I fill it up.

"So the Furnace Super Smelter does have some practical uses, for example, you're not only cooking food. But in this case that is what Mumbo is doing, so for him the Smoker variant is more practical." I say. "You can see that the potatoes are filing into the chest from the Smokers a little faster then the ones in the Furnaces. I did start the Furnaces a little sooner than I started the Smokers, but if I had started them at the same time the Smokers would have cooked twice as many potatoes compared to the Furnaces."

I build up another Super Smelter but this time with Blast Furnaces.

"This is more practical if you are going to be using it for solely ores. I have tested before you can not smelt glass in this so there's another reason to just use Furnaces. Though if there's only one reason to have the Super Smelter going whether it be for food, or ores or anything in general there's better ways to do it."

I sigh, "Yes Furnaces are the cheapest out of the bunch, but you can always switch them out if needed. Who knows maybe we could set something up to switch out the Furnaces with Smokers and the Smokers with Blast Furnaces, or vice versa." (I'll have to do that for my next video-)

"Anyways, this was all just for fun and to show you all here the many different ways to do things. And to call out Mumbo on his Super Smelter." I set my camera so it sees my face, "You made your Smelter solely for Jacket Potatoes, with the incredible Redstone genius you are I though maybe you would've thought of this. Though you are from older versions so I will let you pass for that." (I'm not dissing Mumbo in anyway don't come for me- Also saying someone is from an older version is basically saying their older than you by a while. I'll prolly make a chapter on Minecraft headcanons next.)

"Anyways I hope you enjoyed my video I'll be sure to record more content in the future. See you next time! Byeeee!!! Less Than Three!!!"

xXx

Hello, I hoped you liked this oneshot, it's actually something that happened, and I just put it into story form. This was based off something I said on KitKatExists' wall when she asked for things Y/N could be doing with the Hermits, I mentioned the whole Super Smelter thing, though I said it was something I definitely haven't done, spoiler alert I did-

I'm not in any way trying to be mean to the Hermits or stuff like that. When my MC persona, the character seen in this Oneshot and prolly many others to come, says things like you're from an older version you get a pass for that, I'm not calling whoever they mention bad at the game or old, in fact there was a time Mumbo or another Hermit, Scar or Grian I don't remember exactly who, had said something about, "I'm used to playing older versions some of these concepts are completely new to me." That sounds like Grian or Mumbo- I just hear the accent of one of them in my head as I read this- I never mean to come off as rude or mean, and if I ever do I apologise in advance. Anyways I hope you enjoyed my little Oneshot I'll be sure to make a chapter on headcanons for either Minecraft as a game/world, my OCs or Hermitcraft/DSMP members. I may also add a few descriptions of my OCs so you all know who I can write about if there's ever to be an insert of any kind to be on my account. Besides Sunrise to Sunset that's the first fic here and I'm used to OC inserts so that's how it will be for a while, in fact Oneshots are a completely new thing for me, so I may be doing this entirely wrong.

I'll see you all again. Less Than Three!!!

Book of RandomOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara