Alex Wing Lore? Yes.

So Allays got wings right?

Yeah thought so.

So I'm here to give you a bit of a run down with Canon!Alex's wings, cause Alex is an oddity, yes yes, there are things to be explained.

Firstly one of the most important part of this chapter is the fact that Alex's wings are rarely ever seen.

You might be asking "Alex how does that work?"

Well Alex has these markings, I'll do up some doodle at some point, cause still need a design for them. These markings basically swirl out from the center of their back, where their wings would, for the lack of a better term, connect to them.

"But, what's random marking have to do with the visibility of wings?"

Glad you asked! Alex's wings are less of a physical part of them than a more magickal part. These markings, when like about a little over half exposed, will allow Alex's wings to show at all times, without them having to focus any of their mana to their wings. Though for all my lady and biologically female friends you'd understand how annoying the back of your bra can be if you were Canon!Alex. So since they do have to deal with a binder/bra most times, that does mess with things, since the majority of the markings are around that area. Though there is a way around this. To allow their wings to be visible, Alex will redraw their markings on the areas of whatever they are wearing. This pseudo markage allows Alex's magick to travel through the clothing or item to let their wings materialise.

Though this is very annoying to do because the more marking exposed the less magick needed to allow their wings to show, and the pseudo marking still has it's limits. Alex has at most just their bra/binder marked, along with a tank top that would be worn under their main outfit. Though they still need to direct a bit of mana to allow their wings to appear.

"So without marking exposure or mana usage, Alex's wings don't normally materialise?"

Yes and no, all I said above is more for the wings to idly rest or flutter through the day. If Alex is in a situation where their instincts of using their wings would kick in they would subconsciously  use a bit of mana, though it would be way less than what they would use consciously. So let's say Alex falls from a pretty high place and it catches them off guard Alex's instinct would most likely kick in and their wings would materialise allowing them to glide/slowfall, this form of wings will not allow them to fly, the most they could do if they were to try would be a small hover for a very short amount of time.

"Form of wings?"

Oh so you noticed that? Yeah might want to go back a few chapters and think of a few answers to that question yourself.

~

I'll try to get a few sketches done for this so you all can have a better visual on all this, this or may not contribute to lore for a fic I may or may not be writing. ;]

This may seem a little jumbled too I just wanted to get something quick in for this as it was in my mind. <3