• Chapter Twenty- seven •

Navya rested her head against Richard's chest, her heart beating wildly

Navya rested her head against Richard's chest, her heart beating wildly. "Baby, do you think Lucifer will remain calm now that Nandani has managed to escape?"

"Hmm, I don't think so," Richard whispered, his fingers delicately weaving through Navya's silken tresses. "I am praying that Lucifer does not learn about Nandani's disappearance until the morning. By then, she would have boarded the plane and fled beyond his reach. I am yearning for a dawn that would bring freedom and a new beginning for all of us."

"I am terrified. I have a hunch that something awful is about to happen. Escaping the clutches of the devil is no easy task. If Nandani's disappearance comes to light, Lucifer's desperate hunt may lead him to our very doorstep, knowing the bond we have with her," Navya muttered.

Their hearts skipped a beat as a loud noise reverberated through the living room, startling Richard and Navya. Fear etched across their faces.

"Bring them to me," the devil commanded.

"Oh, God. "He's here," Navya whispered.

Richard's hands quivered as he fumbled for his phone, desperate to call the cops. But before he could dial the number, someone held a gun against his head.

"Aren't we acting smart?" he heard a gruff, masculine voice.

As Richard turned around, he saw Cabir Dhawan, Manik's best friend and right-hand man, standing in front of him.

With a commanding tone, Cabir barked, "Hand over your phone, or I'll blow your head open."

Richard's hands shook as he reluctantly handed over his phone, his mind racing with thoughts of escape. Cabir's grip tightened around his collar, dragging him down the stairs, while Navya followed them.

As they entered the living room, their jaws dropped in disbelief. A hundred armed men were standing there. Lucifer was seated on the couch, playing with his gun.

Cabir shoved Richard towards Manik, causing him to stumble and crash onto the cold wooden floor.

"Navya, my love," Richard cried, his voice filled with pain, but Mukti's firm grip prevented her from reaching him.

"Tell me, Navya, where is my beloved angel?" Manik gently enquired.

"I... I don't know," Navya stammered.

A sly smile played on Manik's lips. "Once again, Navya, where is your best friend, Nandani?" he inquired calmly.

Navya retorted, "I've already told you, Lucifer. I don't know. Nandani has gone missing for three weeks. We've searched everywhere and even filed a police complaint. You can confirm it if you want."

Manik's eyes narrowed, his voice full of suspicion. "So she did not show up at your place tonight?"

"No," Navya replied softly.