Cooler x singer Reader

Word Count: 1011
Warning: Just a cute oneshot

You were a singer in a refined bar frequented only by influential people or mobsters in the north of the Milky Way, on planet 55 Cancri.

To protect the employees' identity, they wore masks that covered everything else and were studded with diamonds.

You had a beautiful voice, the hobby of singing ended up becoming a passion and you chased that dream.  But you didn't imagine ending up becoming a singer in a bar of bosses in the galaxy.  You wanted something more.

You performed solo playing piano and singing only at night, coincidentally, it became the busiest time after you started performing.

When you were singing, you felt like it was just the notes on the piano and you were united as one, it was a feeling of inexplicable peace, you forgot that you were singing for Mafia people.

"Seriously (Y/n), they are mesmerized and don't dare say anything while you're singing!" Your blue-skinned friend keeps trying to explain it to you, while the two of you were in the room you shared.

"Hahaha it's not that much Azure, I have a lot to improve." You always saw them whisper to each other while looking at you, so you started not looking at them so you wouldn't miss the moment, even if they couldn't see your face, your the goal was just to sing and feel that connection with the notes.

Normally you could hear the whispers of side conversations but it was a really quiet atmosphere tonight, you walked up to the stage past the corner next to the patrons' table and you looked out of curiosity, a large table in the center was pushed back, and you understood because of all that silence, King Cold's family was there.

You kept looking like you were seeing celebrities, but their fame wasn't charismatic at all.  Your gaze was King Cold who was talking to the youngest son Frieza, and stopped at the eldest son Cooler who was already looking at you, your eyes met and you felt a chill in your stomach, you were happy to be wearing a mask and he didn't see your terrified expression.

You quickly looked away and walked upstairs to the piano on stage.

The lights dimmed and only one spotlight illuminated you, the diamond mask that matched your long dress, gleaming elegantly against the light.

You started your performance impeccably, not missing a note, it was just you and the music.

When you were done, you heard the viewers' frantic clapping, you respectfully thanked them and left backstage.

Your co-workers congratulate you and the boss arrives soon after, calling you to talk with a slightly distressed expression.

"Lord Cooler wants to meet you in person without the mask." He explained briefly.

"Do I have a choice or...?" You asked hopelessly.

"I wouldn't say no to the rulers of the universe." He advised.

You went to your dressing room and took off your mask, waiting anxiously but trying to calm yourself down by breathing deeply.

There was a knock on the door and you quickly went to open the door.

Again your r gaze met Ice-jin's, his red eyes pierced your soul. You made a rather lengthy reference, you didn't know how to behave with royalty.

"Lord Cooler, to what do I owe the honor of your presence?" You said still with your head down, then he suddenly takes your hand and kissed you making you look at him with your heart racing.

"As I imagined... Your voice is as beautiful as your face. What's your name, beautiful human?" He said with a charming smile.

"It's (Y/n), sir..." You replied in a shaky voice. He smiled in amusement at your startled form.

"You don't have to be so formal when we're alone, dear. Your voice made me ecstatic and brought me peace.  Normally I only feel it when I'm tormenting other lifeforms but it's pretty dirty work sometimes." He explained without taking his eyes off you as if he was trying to understand this feeling.

"I'm really glad you like it." You were scared but genuinely happy.

"I would like to invite you to travel the cosmos with me, your voice would be my peace. And you would have anything you want, what do you say darling?" He asked taking you by surprise.

"As long as there's a piano and I can sing I don't care where I am." You said sincerely.

✷✷✷

So after that night you said goodbye to your co-workers and left for an endless interstellar journey singing closer to the stars.

• Lord Cooler wasn't as scary as you thought, after a while you felt safe around him, he never treated you badly. On the contrary, he treated you like a queen and did everything to fulfill your needs and pamper you with gifts.

• Sometimes before you went to sleep he would ask you to go to his room and sing one last time and that would go on making you fall asleep right there in his bed.

• Once a soldier in Frieza's army who didn't know you, made you very uncomfortable with his insistent flirtatious approach. When this reached Cooler's ears, you didn't understand what was going on until he cold-heartedly murdered the soldier.  The news spread quickly among the soldiers and no one ever dared to look in your direction again.

• It made you feel a little lonely so you got into an argument with him about it.  He said that you only belonged to him, you blushed and realized that you were falling in love with one of the emperors of the universe.

  He said that you only belonged to him, you blushed and realized that you were falling in love with one of the emperors of the universe

"I don't belong to anyone..." You crossed your arms looking away still flushed.

"So why do you always sing to me and sleep with me?" He questioned you. You just huffed out of the room with a goofy smile.

At first you asked for it... But I kind of like it too.

Thank you for letting me travel the cosmos with you...