Chapter 47

A/N: Naughty time; hope you enjoy it ;)

*****

Nathaniel's POV

I put my ear to the door; no sound came from the other side, not even a snore. My parents had gone to bed over an hour ago but I was still at home; I wanted to make sure they had sufficient time to fall asleep. I also wanted to prepare myself; Hunter was expecting to get something from me and I had to get used to that idea.

Had I succeeded?

No.

I still trembled at the mere thought of seeing him tonight. But I'd made him a promise to visit and despite my anxiety I wanted to keep that promise.

I passed by my sister's room. She was still awake, the glow from her lamp oozing under her door, making a puddle of light on the carpet of our semi-dark hallway. I didn't mind Vallery being up though; I'd even told her where I planned to go tonight.

She'd gotten very excited at the news - far more than I had nerves for - and instructed me to tell her how things went between Hunter and me as long as I skipped 'the details that a sister wouldn't want to know about her brother'. I assured her that there would be no actions, leading to such details to be told to which she simply shrugged and said 'We'll see what Hunter has in mind'.

Her remark had only facilitated the forming of a cluster of nerves at the pit of my stomach.

I headed to the bathroom for one last check. I combed my already tidy brown hair, then pulled my lips apart to examine my teeth - white without food residue, but I brushed them once more, just to be on the safe side; the minty toothpaste also refreshed my breath. Tugging at my dark blue turtleneck to get rid of possible folds, I headed out of the bathroom and towards my window.

I slowly cracked it a few inches open; it did not screech so I opened it all the way and climbed onto the tree. Just as gently I closed my window and took the few step necessary to get in from of Hunter's. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the glass.

He opened right away and moved to the side to allow me in. My feet had barely touched the floor of his bedroom when he placed his hands on my hips and turned me towards him.

"You look really good in this turtleneck; have I told you that before?" Hunter didn't give me time to respond; he covered my lips with his.

"Can we at least close the widow first?" I asked, pulling my head away. He let go of my left hip to push the window close then his hand went back to its previous position; all the while he kept his eyes on mine.

"I don't see it."

I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement, so he clarified:

"Your writing. I don't see it. That's what I wanted for Christmas, remember?" He cocked his head to the left. "For you to read me something you wrote. But here you are without a notebook; not even a small notepad. Unless," his arms snaked behind me and found the way to my bum, "it's in your pocket."

I jumped a bit as his right hand slipped into the left back pocket of my jeans.

"No, nothing here," he murmured, leaning towards me. His next words were whispered against my lips.

"Is it in this one?" He uttered, his other hand finding its way inside my right pocket. "No notepad here either."

He kissed me, squeezing my butt through the fabric. My mouth opened and he slid his tongue in. He tasted of salt and some other spice... Something very familiar...