Chapter 25

A/N: If you are looking for other boyxboy books, check out my newest story – You are the Answer. It's my first try with the werewolf genre so I'd appreciate the feedback. I'll give you a link in the comments.

*****

Nathaniel's POV

"What is that?" I asked, looking at the flat rectangular object Val was handing to me.

"Your birthday present, duh!" She explained with a roll of her eyes.

"It's an envelope," I pointed out.

"Your present is in the envelope," her hand jerked twice; Val was never one for patience.

"Thanks," I said, taking it and expecting it to be a greeting card. She had never before given me something as small as a greeting card but maybe she had money problems or... I gasped as I saw my photo, plastered on a card next to a completely unfamiliar name.

"Vallery," I began, trying to keep my cool. "What is this?"

"Your very own fake ID," she clasped her hands enthusiastically. "It was about time we got you one. And the guy who made them is a pro; you won't be able to tell..."

I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the living room where our mom was, dragging her to the base of the stairs.

"Why would I need a fake ID?" I hissed but her joy did not falter.

"You've got a point; it's not like you go to clubs or anything but I'm sure we can think of a way for you to put it to good use."

"Good use? Good?" I wanted to shout at her but I knew I had to keep this between us; there was no telling what our parents would do to her if they found out. "This is illegal, Vallery! You can get into so much trouble for just ordering one fake ID."

"Two," she corrected, reaching into her pocket to produce a similar card but with her picture on it. "I got one for myself as well."

"Vallery!" This time I could not help but raise my voice.

"What?" She asked indignantly."It's my birthday too. And don't even think about throwing yours away; these babies caused a fortune."

I groaned and ran my hand over my face.

"Can't you get a refund or something?"

She looked at me as if I'd lost my mind.

"Do you think the people who make fake ID-s give refunds?" My twin shook her head. "Next thing, you'll be asking for a warranty, bro."

"Where did you get them from anyways?" I questioned although I knew there was nothing I could do now; the cards were ordered, made and delivered and even if Val gave me a name and I somehow recognized it, she was right: I wouldn't get her money back. But the sum was the least of our problems; her using the ID was what troubled me more.
"From a friend of a friend
," she replied with a shrug.

"The type of friends I asked you not to hang around?" I took a deep breath as I was about to shout at her again.

"Yep, those would be the chaps," she replied, smiling...

"Nat, are you listening to me?" Irene's voice reached me and I shook my head, getting back to the present.

We were seated opposite each other in a pleasant little café where they offered really nice cakes. Irene had insisted that since it was my birthday, we were to have some of those treats, and so she'd brought me here where we'd ordered two coffees and two pieces of some vanilla flavored cake with strawberries on top.