1- The Hogwarts Express

Cassiopeia Peverell was going to Hogwarts. She wasn't sure if she was happy or not, considering her family's reputation and the abuse she was bound to receive, but ultimately, did she care? Not really.

She walked into platform 9 3/4 with ease, haven taken the journey before to see her cousin Cassius Warrington off to to school for the past two years.

Her mother swiftly followed alongside a man whose eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as if he couldn't quite work out where he was.

"He's supposed to be the chauffer," her mother spoke, her high drawling voice icy with frostbite. "It'll take me half an hour to produce a memory charm strong enough to make him forget," she slid her back sunglasses higher up her nose and folded her black gloved hands.

The chauffer took Cassie's leather trunk and her silver cage where her snowy owl Attie lay from her, asleep and unbothered by the sudden loud chattering noises that engulfed the platform and put them in the luggage compartment on the train.

Her mother glanced at the back designer watch on her wrist. "Oh no, I'm running late for work. Go and find your aunt until it's time for you get onto the train, Cassie darling." And with that she strutted of off the platform with the chauffeur following swiftly afterwards.

As Cassie began to turn around to find her aunt, a squat figure came hurdling towards her and she stumbled back.

"Salazar's sake what is wrong with you!" Cassie exclaimed out-loud, smoothing out the wrinkles on her skirt as a boy with brown hair got up from the floor.

She looked down at him, one eyebrow raised in disgust and looked him up and down. The boy gulped, and wiped his snotty nose with his sleeve. "Sorry," he sniffed. "But have you seen a toad?"

Cassie let out a harsh breath. "No I haven't, but if I do, I'll make sure to shove it down the gap between the train and the platform," she said rolling her eyes she left, and walked towards her cousin and aunt.

Cassius Warrington was a large, pure blooded Slytherin third year with black slicked back hair and green eyes. His mother, Cassie's aunt, was standing besides him, immersed in conversation with another man.

When her aunt spotted her, she waved Cassie over. "Ahh! There is my beautiful niece!" Her aunt clasped her shoulder with her bony fingers.

"Good morning, aunt Priscilla," Cassie replied. Her aunt was an odd woman; she knew so many people and did so many things that Cassie's mother disapproved of her. Today, her thin lips were coated pale pink and her brown hair was styled into a messy side part.

"Hello Cassie. How are you dear?" She didn't wait for a reply, instead she introduced the man to her right. "I must introduce you to Quirinus," Quirinus was a pale young man with a purple turban wrapped around his head. It made his head look so big that he could probably conceal something in there.

Cassie reached out her hand towards him. "Cassiopeia Peverell. It's nice to meet you," The man's eyes widened.

"Y-you are a-a Peverell?" something suddenly flashed in his eyes and he clutched his hands to his chest.

She frowned. "Should I not be?"

Cassie's aunt suddenly let out a hasty chuckle. "It's alright Cassie. Quirinus doesn't like physical contact much," she laughed. "And," she whispered in Cassie's ear out of his earshot, "he tends to get a little nervous quite a lot,"

A little nervous? Cassie thought to herself. I'll give it to him, he's a good actor.

Priscilla glanced down at her watch. "Goodness, look at the time! Why Cassie, I'm afraid that I must go and help Cassius load his trunks onto the train. Have a lovely term, dear girl, and we'll see you at Christmas?"