14- trials

Cassie stood in her green practise jersey that was provided for them, holding her nimbus 2000 on the quidditch pitch next to about 20 of her male housemates.

She was the youngest and only girl that had turned up to trials, but she wasn't surprised. Most girls didn't play as their families discouraged it, and it was deemed unladylike in the high society.

Slytherin house after all, was known for intimidating looking players that could play deadly and vicious on the pitch.

She wasn't nervous though; she didn't mind knocking a few teeth out of Cedric Diggory's perfect mouth if it came down to it.

She spotted her cousin who was standing with Marcus Flint, and he winked at her reassuringly. She looked to the stands and saw the rest of their friends supporting them. Practically the rest of Slytherin house had turned up as well; it was always fun to see who would last the wrath of Marcus Flint and who would crumble.

He growled out an order for everyone to shut up, form where he was standing at the front of the group. Instantly, everyone obeyed. Marcus Flint was the top of the Slytherin hierarchy. He was well respected in their house due to his many victories in quidditch.

Even Cassie looked up to him. He was the perfect example of what a Slytherin should be- he was ambitious, cunning, a strong leader and achievement orientated. He had all the the power in the Slytherin house, and used it spectacularly. He was exactly who Cassie aspired to be.

"Let's see what you can do you lazy sods!" He yelled.

She shared a look with Draco before they took off. They started with ten laps around the pitch, and Theo soon took the lead with herself following.

She looked back to see how Draco was doing, and was relieved to see him following her, still in the quicker half of them all.

They spent hours of flying and hours of passing the Quaffle back and forth with Marcus and Cassius with no break. Cassius was easier to play with since she was used to him and his play style but Marcus was unpredictable. He was fast and he threw the ball like it was a bludger.

Pucey was a hard Keeper to score from, but she knew that Theo was stronger. After a few test shots, she was raining down score after score after score. He looked out of breath by the time she had finished.

As the trials finished, Marcus Flint flashed her a grin, and she took that as a good sign.

She met up with Theo and Draco once they had finished, all of them looking as exhausted as the others. "I saw the quaffle Flint threw at you almost knocked straight into you Cas. Are you hurt?" asked Draco, concerned.

Cassie waved him off. "it might have grazed my ribs but never mind about that. How did your trials go?"

"I think I've grabbed it," Theo said confidently, a smile breaking onto his exhausted face. "saved every shot threw at me, which was better than the keeper last year Bletchley did,"

Cassie grinned and wrapped her arm around his shoulder. "Well done Theo! You'll be playing for England soon!"

His face reddening slightly, Theo asked Draco, "What about you D? I can't imagine that there was anyone better than you there,"

Draco scoffed in agreement. "They were all pathetic really,"

"And they call themselves Slytherin's," Cassie sighed, before wrapping her other arm around Draco's shoulder as well. She laughed in blissful happiness. "This is so brilliant! can you imagine us in five years time... we'll be unstoppable! Theo will be Captain, Draco will be known for winning us the match every time and I'll-"

"You'll be known as the best chaser that ever walked through these halls!" Theo dramatized making Cassie grin.

_____

"When do you find out?" Blaise asked, once they were back in the common room.

"Tomorrow," Theo sighed, stretching as his back clicked.

"I've got the murtlap essence!" Pansy shouted, carrying a large bowl of a blue substance.

"Where did you get injured?" Asked Draco concerned.

" I think I grazed my shoulder," Cassie muttered, trying to look over her shoulder. "Can someone do it for me?" She asked, not able to reach it herself.
She watched as a look of pure horror shot across everyone's face and she sniggered.

"Don't worry darling, I'll save these poor boys and do it for you," Pansy blew a kiss to her brown haired friend as she walked past her and Cassie laughed and blew one back.

One by one everyone dropped off to bed, leaving Cassie and Laurie alone in the common room. After a few minutes of Laurie glancing at her and opened and shutting his mouth, she asked, "what it is Laurie?"

"Nothing,"he said uneasily.

She gave him a pointed look as if to say it wasn't nothing.

He gave in. "Did you mean what you said on the train- about me being part of your family?"

She studied him for a second. "Of course. Why wouldn't you be?"

"It's just a lot of people don't take me seriously, and I sometimes wonder if you don't want to be seen with me because people bully me and I'm a disappointment to Slytherin- which is basically what you stand for, and I ruin your reputation by hanging out with you," he let out.

"Of course I meant it! If you weren't meant to be a Slytherin, you wouldn't have been put in Slytherin. And you're the most determined and hard working person I've ever met! My reputation is what it is because I hang out with you! The rest of the school are going to hate us no matter what we do L. Don't let them get to you." She said to him.

That night, she lay in bed in her dorm room wondering how she ever missed Laurie's discomfort and insecurity, and she vowed to herself that she wouldn't let another person harm her friends.

_____
*Unedited*

Word count: 1009

Shorter chapter today and I know I'm a day over
I've just been super busy with things and haven't had time to write, but hopefully the next chapter can be out in a few days. I thought I'd give you guys something to read now instead of writing the next chapter in this and making you wait longer.