6- Halloween

"Cheer up Mattheo! It's halloween!" Pansy said as she put on her pointed witches hat and chucked a cushion from the sofa on his head.

"I hate halloween," he said, picking the cushion up and lobbing it back at her.

"Why? It's halloween!" Pansy laughed.

"It is the ten year anniversary of his father's death day," Laurie said. "So naturally I think he'd be rather sad."

Pansy stopped laughing at the look on Mattheo's face, and sighed at Laurie.

"We talked about thinking before we speak, didn't we Laurie?" Said Draco, looking up from his armchair.

At that moment, Cassie walked down the steps from the girls dormitory. "Hey," she said, yawning. "You guys looking forward for the feast later?"

"Yes! I'm excited to watch the choir too, apparently they're really good," Pansy said.

"Theo will be happy. He'll take any chance to eat even more food then he normally does," Draco smirked, raising his voice so that Theo and Blaise, who were playing a game of chess, could hear him.

"Hey!" Theo complained. "I'm a growing man! Where do you think these come from, hey?" He stuck out his arm and tensed it.

Pansy and Cassie laughed. "What are we looking at?" Pansy asked him. "There's nothing there!"

Theo frowned. "That's not very nice,"

_____

In charms, they were learning the levitating charm, Wingardium Leviosa. Before they could actually cast the charm, they had to write theory on the spell.

When Laurie and Mattheo were one of the first to finish their work, (aside from Cassie and Granger, who had finished within the first five minites, much to Cassie's annoyance) Laurie grinned at her, whist Mattheo smiled.

Levitating the feathers were easy, but apparently some people were having difficulties with it.

On the other side of the classroom, Granger and Weasley were having a heated argument. The weasel's face turned bright red, as he folded his arms and sneered at Hermione.

Cassie leant towards Draco who was sitting next to her and whispered, "Five galleons that they end up married,"

His expression changed as his jaw seemed to clench and unclench so quickly that Cassie thought she was imagining it, before answering her, "No way. Even the mudblood must have standards. Besides, the evil eye that they're giving each other..." he shook his head. "Not gonna happen,"

"Bet," she teased.

After charms, however, she was beginning to doubt her her decision.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her," Cassie and Draco overheard Ronald Weasley complaining loudly to his friends as they exited the classroom. "She's a nightmare, honestly!"

And when Granger knocked into Potter and she passed him not two seconds later, Cassie a caught glimpse of her face and she looked like she was in tears.

Draco laughed by her side. "They're going to end up as lovers, hey?"

She shoved him playfully. "Shut up. You never know what'll happen."