36- "i only associate myself with rich people'

The next few weeks flew by as quick as they normally did.

In Divination, Professor Trelawney was still spitting utter nonsense at them. Since her prediction of Harry Potter's death, she reminded them all every lesson of his grim.

Hagrid had seemed to seriously dial his lessons down a scale- they were now stuck studying flobberworms. Draco's father had scheduled a hearing with Hagrid and Buckbeak, which must have seriously rattled Hagrid's abnormally large bones.

Meanwhile, Defence Against The Dark Arts had become almost every student's favourite subject. Professor Lupin, unlike any of their previous teachers actually knew what he was doing, and seemed to make every topic enjoyable. Even Draco, who reminded them constantly of how shabby and scrappy the Professor looked, seemed to have a hard time denying that the lessons were good.

Hermione Granger, however, was infuriating Cassie. She'd be in the midst of conversation with one of her friends at the start of a lesson and then look over to find Granger suddenly appeared in her seat.

Honestly, Cassie thought, can she be any more blatantly obvious? It's astounding no one's noticed yet.

On the night of Halloween, Mattheo's birthday, Cassie decided to head up to the Astronomy Tower, where she knew Mattheo would be sitting, as he did every year.

As she reached the tower, she found him sat on the balcony, legs swaying over the edge.

"Happy Halloween," she called out into the cold air, and he turned around and smiled.

Matheo never made a big thing about his birthday- in fact Cassie wasn't sure anyone else knew about it.

"Thanks," he chuckled.

"Best one yet?" Cassie asked, joining him in sitting down.

"Yeah," he huffed. "Double Binns in one day. What more could I want?"

Cassie smiled, nudging him. "No emotional speech this year?"

He rolled his eyes and pushed her back. "Not this time,"

"Well it's gonna be pretty boring then. You should probably think of another one for next year then. Might make it more eventful."

They sat in silence for a few minutes, just staring out at the Hogwarts grounds.

"Do you like it up here?" She asked eventually, breaking the silence.

"Yeah," Mattheo began, "because in some weird way it reminds me off the Orphanage."

Cassie frowned. "What does?"

He shrugged. "Just the view. My room is on the top floor, so whenever I couldn't sleep, or was locked in my room I'd look out of the tiny window and just watch the views of London."

"Deep." Cassie replied, making him laugh. "Do you hate it? At the orphanage?"

He shrugged. "It's got better when I was older. When I realised how to stand up for myself. Since I've been to Hogwarts things have been fine. They don't see me enough to really take notice of me, so I mainly just stick to myself. Besides I think the nurses told them I go to a school for badly behaved boys, so that might help,"

Cassie smiled. "Sounds lonely,"

"Eh. Sometimes. It takes me a while to get used to being back at hogwarts. I'm not used to the... attention."

"I'll visit you one day if you want. I can get my driver to drive me there. I can walk in and all the other boys will be jealous that you have such a beautiful girl coming to pick you up," she winked at him.