9- Training

On Wednesday night, Theo and Cassie walked up to the quidditch pitch from the school to find Cassius waiting for them at the changing rooms.

"So you two think you're good huh? What position do you play Nott?" He asked, folding his arms.

Having grown up along side Cassie, her cousin knew that she was an avid chaser.

"Keeper." He said confidently. Her cousin raised his eyebrow.

"You think you're better than Bletchley?"

Theo shrugged. "I think I won't know until I try."

"I admire your confidence Nott, but Bletchley is a superb keeper who saves a goal at least 8/10 tries," Cassius explained.

"Now, this is mainly going to challenge you, Nott, as I've seen Cassie play a number of times growing up."

They ran through a few drills, before the quaffel was released into the air for Cassie to chase. It was convenient for them as Cassie took shots against Theo who blocked them one after another with his hands, diving left and right to protect the goal posts.

Eventually, after beginning to grow frustrated with the lack of goals she was scoring, she pulled a double dodge and scored into the left hoop.

She was awarded with a round of clapping from her cousin, who looked on impressed. "Cassiopeia's shots are as hard as they make them, I know from personal experience Nott. Well done,"

He shook his head, and the corner of his mouth lifted. "I might have introduce the two of you to Marcus,"

_____

"They're training you," Potter spat as they gleefully told him why they were walking out of the quidditch pitch a week later.

They had met with Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Captain who was also very impressed with Theo's and Cassie's potential.

"I love how you're stating the obvious with such a sense of discovery," Cassie marvelled.

"Jealous Potter? That we're being trained by the best?" Theo asked him, a sly smirk tugging on the corner of his lips.

"But- but that's breaking the rules!" He exclaimed.

"You care about rules now?" Cassie asked him innocently.

"Because our little saint potter never breaks rules does he?" Theo taunted.

"At least I got into the team and aren't stuck training with them." He sneered at them.

"Hey! Are you alright Harry?" Hermione Granger appeared by his side, swiftly followed by none other than Ronald Weasley.

"Nott? Peverell? What are you doing here? Why don't you slither off to your dirty common room and leave us in peace?" Weasley said.

Cassie sighed. "Are you so incapable of defending yourself on your own Potter? Do you need moral support that badly?"

Then she turned her head to find someone walking towards them and laughed. "How ironic," she muttered to herself.

"What?" Theo asked, before turning around to find two more redheads joining the group.

"Ronald I didn't realise there were more you." She sighed.

"There's another one who's a prefect as well," Theo whispered in her ear, "he told me and Draco off for hexing Longbottom last week," he scowled.

She glanced up at the two lanky redheads and found them to have almost identical faces.