15- loyalty is to family

"WE MADE IT!" Yelled Theo, storming into Cassie's dorm. She shot up from where she was lying on her bed.

"What?" She asked in disbelief.

"WE GOT ON THE TEAM! YOU AS CHASER, D AS SEEKER AND ME AND KEEPER!" He celebrated.

"Merlin! But I thought we weren't supposed to find out until later!" she jumped up and hugged Theo as he laughed.

"I can't believe it!" She said in disbelief, once Theo had let go of her. "Wait actually I can. I knew we would make it!"

She sat down on her bed again and laughed. "We'll make history wait and see Theodore!"

"That's great and all, but I'm trying to study here guys. Mind taking the party downstairs?" Asked Daphne Greengrass, one of Cassie's roommates. Now that they were in second year and there were more students, Cassie and Pansy now had to bunk with three other girls; Daphne, a beautiful Indian girl called Jasmine Zhuang and a blonde girl called Vivienne Arnault.

"Chasers: Cassius Warrington, Marcus Flint, and Cassiopeia Peverell!" Cassie read out the team squad from the notice board in the common room.

It was covered entirely with pieces of parchment with things like, 'have you seen this cat?' and, "gobstones club sign up sheet' all over it.

"Beaters: Peregrine Derrick and Lucian Bole. Seeker: Draco Malfoy, and Keeper: Theodore Nott!"

"I've just told father that we made it on the team!" Draco said as he joined them. "He promised me that if we did he'd give us all nimbus 2001s!"

"The whole team?" Theo's jaw dropped. "I don't think I've ever owned something as expensive!"

_____

Flint had booked them their first training session on the following Sunday, and was overjoyed with the new brooms.

"Thank your father for me Malfoy, this very generous of him!"

All of a sudden they came to a stop and Cassie almost walked into the player in front of her.

"What's going on?" Theo whispered to her.

"I don't know!" She muttered. "I can't see!"

As she tried to glance through the wall of bodies, she caught sight of scarlet robes, and immediately knew that it must belong to the Gryffindor team.

"Where are you going Flint? We've reserved the pitch today," Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor Captain said.

"Ahh, but you see we have special permission granted from Professor Snape to train today," Flint said, smirking.

"What for?" Wood said looking confused.

"Haven't you heard? We've got some new players," The Slytherin team stepped to the sides to make way for Cassie, Theo and Draco to move into.

"You three!" Cassie looked to the left of Wood, a smug smirk playing on her lips, to find Harry Potter staring at them in disbelief.

"Hello Potter," Cassie smirked.

"That reminds me. Do you like the new brooms? They were a gift from Draco's father," Flint asked them innocently.

Unlike some, we can afford the best." Cassius said eyeing them.

"Good aren't they?" Said Draco smoothly. "But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new brooms too. You could raffle off those Cleansweep Fives, I expect a museum would bid for them."

The Slytherin team howled with laughter.

"At least no one had to buy their way onto the Gryffindor team." A voice quipped, and Cassie turned to find Granger and Weasley- the one in her year- standing by Harry's side.