10- Quirinus Quirrell's Identity

The end of the year arrived, and the first years were finally relaxing after their exams.

Cassie came top in almost every subject, only beaten by Potter in DADA, and surprisingly, much to her dismay, Neville Longbottom beat her in Herbology.

For the Slytherin first years, however, Cassie made it to number one followed by Draco and then Theo. For the entire first years, Cassie also came top, with Hermione Granger following with one point in it.

The Slytherin common room was not a safe place to be around the exams. Some of the older students who were taking their OWLS and NEWTS had very short fuses, so they had to make sure to leave them alone in the midst of their exams.

At the end of June, the last quidditch match was being played; Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor. The sun was beaming down on them all from up in the sky, and prefects were seen walking across rows offering students ice lollies. As there was nothing else to do, and all the stress of exams had ended, almost the whole school turned up to the match.

"Potter's not there," Draco frowned. "It's not like him to miss a match,"

"Haven't you heard? Apparenty he fought Professor Quirrell in the third floor corridor!"

"Why?" Asked Draco.

"Apparently he turned out to have been possessed by The Dark Lord!" She whispered.

"What?" They all gasped.

"Mum said he was dead!" Laurie exclaimed in fear.

"I don't think he is. I think he's out there somewhere." Cassie said deep in thought.

"Of course Potter's done something heroic. How surprising." Pansy sighed.

She turned to see Mattheo's face completely white, dread falling across him.

"You ok?" She asked him.

"No. He's dead. He's supposed to be dead." He stared at a fixed point in the distance, his jaw clenched.

"That explains why Quirrell's been so interested in him then!" Pansy whispered to her.

"What?" She replied blinking.

"It wasn't Quirrell who was talking to Mattheo. It was The Dark Lord!"

_____

At last, the Slytherin's finally had something to look forward to. The end of the year feast. They arrived to find the hall decked in sliver and green- the colours of Slytherin house. Because finally,- finally they were going to be celebrated for doing something.

They'd ended the year with the most house points, with enough points between them and second place, and they were delighted to see the hall in their colours.

And then, of course, Dumbledore has to give Gryffindor 170 points because Potter and his friends broke even more rules.

It was the first year that Slytherin lost the House Cup after years of it being awarded to them. Pansy looked close to tears and Cassie probably looked the same.

Weasley met her eye and smirking, he stuck out his tongue. But Cassie wasn't even surprised.

"If it were Slytherin's that broke that many rules they would have gotten expelled!" Theo whispered to the table.

Because they were always the bad guys.

She'd began to not get her hopes up when Slytherin winning was involved. But one they did win though, was the quidditch cup. After Gryffindor got battered by Ravenclaw, it pushed Gryffindor down to second and leaving Slytherin in first.