22

"It's so annoying how we can't go to hogsmeade with the olders," Pansy rolled her eyes as she lay down on her end and groaned into her pillow.

"Why?" Cassie asked amused.

"Because Valentine's Day is only two weeks away! And we'll have to spend it inside instead. Ugh,"

"Talking about Valentine's Day," said Jasmine Zhuang, their fellow second year and roommate, "who do you think will ask you?"

"I'll be lucky to be asked at all," said Daphne Greengrass, staring at her reflection in the mirror of the corner of the dorm.

"Be serious Daph," Cassie smirked. "We're Slytherins. And we're all incredibly stunning. You can't deny that."

"What about you Isobelle? Anyone that tickles your pickle?" The other girls laughed. Isobelle was a tall blonde girl with sea blue eyes and long pale legs.

"Besides, you have to wait for them to hit puberty first," Isobelle rolled her eyes and shivered.

"Agreed. But I don't need men. Men need me."Cassie said.

"Have you seen the boys in our year though? None of them are even taller than me yet," Issy sighed.

Jasmine scoffed. "This is coming from the two literal prettiest girls in the year? Be serious."

"Aww I love you Jazzy. But if I'm being honest, I kind of have my eye on someone..." Issy teased, and everyone gasped and gushed around her.

"What in Merlin! Who?" Pansy demanded, widening her eyes so much in need for information.

Cassie narrowed her eyes. "But he's a Slytherin though right?"

Isobelle laughed, soaking in the attention. "Of course he is Cassie. It's not a crush crush... but he's fit,"

"So get to the point! Who is he!" Pansy gushed.

"Theo!" She giggled.

Cassie stopped herself from scoffing outloud. "Theo?"

"I know you're like best friends with him Cassie. That's why I was thinking you could help!" She said gleefully.

Cassie had never really thought of her friends dating each other, but she supposed it was bound to happen at some point.

"All your friends are so fit," Daphne sighed. "I like Mattheo,"

Her stomach clenched then. "Mattheo! That's an... interesting choice!"

"Yeah! He's so reserved, and like... different." Pansy agreed.

"But that's what makes him attractive!" Daphne said. "It doesn't matter. I'm only 13. There's plenty more valentine's days left to experience,"

"Well you know who I think is fit? Draco!" Pansy giggled earning a look of shock from Cassie.

"Pansy Parkinson! I'm going to cover my ears. He's my best friend! Ew, just ew!" She shuddered, pretending to gag, causing Pansy to giggle like a five year old.

"The holy trinity? Wow you guys have nerve," Jasmine commented. "No takers on Crabbe and Goyle then?"

They all snorted. "Although if you ask Millicent Bulstrode she'd probably date them both," said Isobelle, and everyone but Cassie laughed.

Within a week, the castle was decorated in red and pink hearts and people were getting asked out left right and centre.

When just over a week before the date the Slytherins were sat down in the common room, gossiping about the holiday.