1 》 words of steel

The cold wind danced in the air as the sun rose out of the soft clouds. The morning began warmly as the streets of Los Angeles became crowded, buzzing with citizens running along to get on with their lives. In a quiet neighborhood far from the busy streets, stood a luxurious maroon-colored brick house protected by large black gates. The middle path that led to the entrance of the house was made of black marble. Soft grass surrounded either side of the path and on the left side was an enormous garden full of flowers. The right side had a table and lounge chairs. The house was painted neatly and the interior was even better. It had everything needed in a comfortable house. Two floors, five bedrooms, two bathrooms, large garage, a study room, gym, library, drawing room, and a large living room with an equally large kitchen and dining room.

In the master bedroom on the second floor, there was a couple happily asleep in each other's arms. One of them was a wolf and the other was a human. The taller and younger one was Siddarth Johan. The soft tan skin on his upper body was decorated with black ink and his muscular arms were wrapped around his husband protectively. The wolf was dressed in a pair of black boxers and his strong thighs were on display. His legs were entangled with the human's, keeping them warm. Siddarth was still as handsome as ever. Pearl white teeth that hid a set of sharp fangs. A pair of wine-red eyes that were hidden by thick eyelashes. Button nose followed down by soft lips that claimed only one name. Siddarth's sharp jawline was covered by a neat stubble. His silky dark black locks had grown longer and covered his ears when combed down.

The smaller but older man was Zane Johan. The human mate of Siddarth. His slender and fragile body was covered to the knees by his husband's white shirt. Zane's melanin skin was painted dark red with possessive lovebites on his chest and neck. There was a shiny tattoo of a wolf on his collarbone. A symbol of the wolf's mark on him. His tattoo had the same image that his husband had on his chest. Zane's beauty hadn't lessened either. Dark brown curls were scattered on his head, forming a small crown. Under his shaped brows, his closed eyelids were hiding a marvelous pair of honey orbs. His cheeks were slightly chubby and his jaw had become softer, making him look like a harmless hamster. Zane had a button nose followed down by thick dark red lips that were swollen from harsh kisses. The elder was fast asleep with his head resting on the wolf's chest.

The beloved couple was mated and their marriage of four years was stronger than ever. Both blessed with a bond to be mates by a moon goddess herself. The love they had for each other in the beginning was even more powerful now. Siddarth's protectiveness over his beloved mate had increased even more and no one dared to disrespect Zane. Meanwhile, Zane babied his husband endlessly and spoiled him with unconditional love.

The younger man awoke first and his eyes fell on his gorgeous husband laying in his arms. Siddarth pressed a soft peck to the human's forehead and pulled away to hover over him. The wolf looked down at the angel laying beneath him. God, he was so beautiful. It felt like the more days went by, the more adorable Zane looked to Siddarth. The younger man left soft kisses on the mark on his mate's neck and felt the elder stir in his sleep.

"Wake up, my love." The younger man's deep voice swam in Zane's ears and he opened his eyes slowly.

The human yawned cutely and he saw his husband's eyes digging into his. "G-Good morning."

"Every morning spent with you is good indeed, babe." Siddarth teased and Zane hid his face in his hands. As years had gone by, the wolf had become more playful. He teased his lover endlessly, every chance he got. Siddarth loved how shy and flustered his mate was.

"Stop teasing me." The elder smacked Siddarth's chest playfully and smiled. "Today, Lily is coming back from summer camp with Amber. Let's go pick her up."

"Let's get ready together to save time." The beast smirked and Zane rolled his eyes.

"P-Pervert."

Siddarth pulled his mate to the large bathroom and the two began getting fresh. They took a quick shower together and dressed in all-black clothing. After getting dressed, they went downstairs and Siddarth cooked breakfast as Zane watched him. After eating, the two left the dining room and went back upstairs. They picked up their wallets and wore their shoes. Siddarth grabbed Zane's hand as they walked downstairs. The couple passed the living room and entered a large garage where there were four vehicles lined up. Siddarth took out a pair of keys to a black Mercedes Benz. The wolf opened the door for his mate and waited for him to sit inside. After the two were seated, Siddarth brought the engine to life.

The vehicle was on the road in seconds. Siddarth played with Zane's hand with his free one as the two chatted. Lily was currently at Catherine's house with Amber after coming back. They decided to stop by a chocolate shop to pick up some goodies for the kids. The couple got out of the vehicle and entered a large shop that had a variety of chocolate candy. The two strolled through the fancy glass aisles and Siddarth noticed a man look at his mate as they walked by.

Siddarth's fist tightened as he glared at the stranger follow and stand next to them. Zane walked to the opposite side of the wolf while looking at the candy bags and clung to his husband's arm. The human glanced at the stranger next to him and saw him staring. The disgusting man caught his eyes and gave him a smirk. Zane's gaze was pulled away from the stranger when he felt a hand grip his chin. The elder was forced to look at the younger man who had a dark look on his face.

"Siddarth, what's wrong?"

The wolf glared at the stranger while wrapping an arm around his mate's waist. Zane closed his eyes when he felt Siddarth lean in. His luscious pink lips were captured instantly and bruised by Siddarth's harsh ones. The younger man kissed his beloved possessively while keeping his eyes at the stranger who had anger plastered to his face. The wolf bit Zane's bottom lip gently and the elder pulled away with a small whimper. Siddarth looked back at his partner and caressed his cheek. The elder felt his heart jump as a thick thumb wiped at the saliva pooling on the soft skin of his bottom lip. The younger man looked back at his beloved mate with a smirk on his face. Zane gasped as Siddarth pulled his body flush against himself.

"Why are you staring at other men when I'm right here with you?" Siddarth asked loudly so that the idiot could hear.

"I-I'm not, hubby." Zane said while hugging his husband's waist.

"I'm the only man you're allowed to look at, gorgeous. Don't look at any loose dogs passing by." He growled as his angry wine-red eyes dug into the man behind his mate. "Don't even dare to look at anyone else. Only I own you."

Siddarth wasn't toxic. The wolf had never asked for control over any part of the elder's life or decisions. Whatever Zane wanted to do, his wolf had supported him through thick and thin. Not once, the elder had heard Siddarth try to force any rules on him or forbade him from doing anything. However, Zane knew that this act of obsession was a play to teach that stranger a lesson and he was going to happily play along with it.

"Please calm down, baby." The human wrapped his arms around the younger man's shoulders. "No one has my attention other than my handsome husband."

  Siddarth glared at the stranger who turned pale with fear. "If you keep looking at my mate, I'll rip your eyes out. Get lost!"

The man scattered away and Siddarth felt Zane press a soft kiss on his cheek. "You scared him."

"I hate when someone bothers you." The human felt his husband hold his face gently. "You know me, Zane. I gave you a promise to protect you in the beginning. Siddarth Johan never goes back from his word."