2 》 a flower to bloom

When the couple reached Catherine's house, a young girl dressed in a yellow sundress came running outside to greet them. It was Lily Johan, their lovely daughter, and cub. Lily was nine years old now and she had gotten taller, her height had almost reached over Zane's waist. Lily's brown hair was longer and her cute face features were still soft. Her pale cheeks were chubby and reminded her parents of a chipmunk. The cub's mind was far more intelligent than a human mind and she possessed super strength. Her large dark red eyes were filled with glee as she ran up to hug Zane. The human smiled brightly as he hugged his cub close to his chest.

"My baby, I missed you so much." The human said while leaving a soft peck on her head.

"Papa, I missed you too!" Lily said while hugging her favorite person tightly.

Siddarth cleared his throat playfully and Lily pulled away from Zane slowly. She smiled brightly at the wolf as the younger man picked her up. "Daddy, I missed you too!"

"Same, cub." Siddarth left a soft peck on her forehead.

"The best couple has finally arrived." Another voice spoke.

This person was Isaiah Johnson. One of Siddarth's best friends and a vampire. He was as tall as the wolf and his pale body was bulkier. His blond hair was tousled back to show a sharp face and shiny blue eyes that shimmered with a teasing look. Next to him, stood a small girl holding his hand. Her name was Amber Johnson. She was Isaiah and Catherine's first child. Amber had her dad's facial features and her mom's personality. Her blond hair was styled into two pigtails and she was dressed in a cute butterfly onesie.

Siddarth smiled as Isaiah came forward and hugged him. The younger man set Lily down and picked up Amber who gave him a cheeky smile. "Uncle Siddy!"

"How is my princess?" The beast cooed at the child while Isaiah hugged Zane.

"How are you, Zane? Is Siddarth still teasing you?" Isaiah smirked and Zane hit the man's shoulder with a pout.

"I'm doing well. Stop talking bad about my husband." The human smiled while holding the wolf's free arm and the blond man chuckled.

"Please come in, Catherine has been crying all night. She misses Zane." They were led into a fancy house that had dark red and black features.

They entered a large living room and saw a pregnant woman sitting on a leather couch. This was Catherine Johnson, a female demon and Isaiah's loving wife. She was also now Zane's best friend. Her dark blue hair was tied up in a messy bun and a few long strands fell to her chubby face. Her blue eyes were wide like a deer and her plump pink lips began to tremble. Her tan body was curvy and toned but her stomach had a cute bump that was still growing.

"Zane." She stood up and lifted her chubby arms. "Come here."

Everyone watched as the elder went forward and embraced the woman. "How are you, Catherine?"

"I'm okay, Zane. I missed you so much. Isaiah is being a meanie to me." She whined as they sat down together. Zane held her while playfully glaring at the vampire who's jaw dropped. Catherine set her head on Zane's shoulder and smirked.

"She's lying. I've been up each night for her." He replied and Siddarth smacked his head lightly.

"Treat my sister right." The wolf said and Isaiah rolled his eyes.

"I'm innocent. Who will take my side?" He whined and looked at Lily. "Lily, will you support Uncle Isaiah and save me from Aunt Catherine's bullying?"

"Sorry, uncle. You're on your own." Lily said while holding her father's hand.

The vampire pouted and looked at his daughter. "Amber, will you save me from mommy?"

"Sorry, dad." The little girl held Siddarth's other hand. "I'm on Uncle Sid's side."