5 》 candles and presents

Birthday. He had forgotten his birthday again. The angel had told Siddarth his birth date only once. Zane couldn't believe the wolf remembered it each year after their marriage. The human didn't care for his birthday until Siddarth had married him. Zane looked at Siddarth whose mouth was open in shock. The man was dressed in a dark blue suit with a black tie. His hair was combed back and there was a silver chain on his wrist. A custom gift from Zane. His eyes were glued to his gorgeous mate who blushed. Their cub shook Siddarth's shoulder to snap her father out of his trance but he didn't pay attention. Lily was dressed in black sandals and a loose black frock dress. There was a cute blue bow on top of her hair. The cub tried to get her father's attention but had no luck. Amber was dressed in a white frock and her blond hair was left down. The child's eyes lit up when she saw Zane. Their friends also giggled at the wolf's reaction.

"Sid, bring Zane over here." Isaiah said but the wolf was frozen. His wine red eyes were stuck to Zane who looked down shyly.

"Daddy!" The little girl held her father's hand and he snapped back into reality.

"Huh?"

"Papa is waiting for you."

Siddarth cleared his throat and stood up. He heard Suzy and Xihuan point out his red ears and the others laughed. The wolf walked to Zane and held out his hand. The human set his soft hand in the larger one. Siddarth brought his mate's hand up to his lips. He placed a soft kiss on his knuckles and leaned in to say something in his ear. "You look good enough to eat."

Zane became flustered and looked down again. The wolf smirked and led his beloved to the table. He pulled out the empty chair next to his seat and Zane sat down. He looked at the table to see a two-layered chocolate cake that had his name written in cursive on top with red frosting. There were so many other dishes surrounding the cake along with non-alcoholic drinks. The wolf held his hand and set their joined hands on the table.

"You forget your birthday each year but Siddarth doesn't." The vampire said.

Zane looked at his husband who had eyes stuck to him like a hawk. The human looked away flustered, he couldn't handle the wolf's intense gaze. Siddarth had a cocky smirk on his face and his wine red eyes swam on his mate like a starved animal. Siddarth couldn't wait to have Zane alone tonight. Patience. He needed patience. He could do it. He could refrain from putting his hands on his gorgeous mate for a few hours.

"First cut the cake and then we can hog all this food." Xihuan said and Noah smacked his husband lightly. "Heyyy!"

"You pig, learn how to wait." The fairy said and his silly husband pouted.

"Meanie." The hybrid muttered quietly and the others laughed.

Xihuan lit the candle on the cake and the group stood up. Zane stood up as the lights in the room changed to dark pink. There was a big smile on his face as the whole group sang him happy birthday. Lily was in Siddarth's arms singing her heart out to wish her Papa. The whole scene of his family and friends touched his heart. Zane wiped away a tear from his cheek and smiled. He blew the candle and cut the cake with Siddarth's hand on his as the others clapped. The angel fed Lily the first bite and then Siddarth. The rest of the group wanted to be fed by him. The human giggled as they took turns to take a bite of cake from separate spoons. Two waiters entered with more food and left. The whole group began eating while chatting. Siddarth sat silently and watched his lover who talked with their friends. The group was babying Zane who became shy. He hid his face in Siddarth's shoulder and the younger man smiled. He pressed a soft kiss to his mate's hand and forced him to look at the others.

"Papa is so cute." Lily said and Siddarth held his cub's small hand.

"He is." The wolf agreed. "Kitty is gorgeous."

"Zane, please look out for Siddarth." Isaiah smirked and Catherine smacked his arm again.

"Stop abusing me." The vampire whined and Catherine rolled her eyes.

"Keep your mouth shut." She ordered and her teasing husband just grinned like a pervert.

"Truth is the truth." He said. Suzy and Andrew chuckled as they watched Catherine hit her husband again.

"Catherine, be nice." Zane said and the pregnant woman stopped instantly.

She smiled at the human. "Sorry, Zane. I'll be nicer to him."

Everyone laughed as she pressed a kiss to Isaiah's cheek. After everyone finished eating, they moved from the table to the couch in the room. The group wanted him to open their gifts. They sat Zane down in the middle and began giving the sweet human birthday gifts. First, it was Lily and Amber. The little girls came up to him and handed him two boxes. The human opened the boxes to see handmade bracelets. Zane hugged them both with a big smile on his face. Andrew and Suzy came forward with a silver bag and the human opened it to see a glass box with an expensive set of Louis Vuitton perfumes. Isaiah came forward with Catherine with a large gold box. He opened it to see a custom gold jewelry set. There were beautiful large earrings and a thick gold chain that his name carved on it. He was in awe at the details and everyone cooed at him. Noah came forward and made him close his eyes as Xihuan brought the present. Zane closed his eyes and felt a large but lightweight item on his thighs. He opened his eyes to see a large cat plushie on his lap. It was almost as big as him and so adorable. The group laughed as the human hugged the plushie tight. He felt shy receiving gifts but his heart was happy.

"It's your turn, Siddarth." Suzy asked and the wolf looked at his mate quietly.

"Siddarth's presents are at home." Andrew smirked and everyone laughed.

The group chatted again for another hour and the whole time, Siddarth stayed silent. Earlier, he had left the room to put all of Zane's gifts in his car. The wolf was eager to leave but knew the others needed a fair share of time with Zane on his special day. The human glanced at his husband from time to time to see a look of adoration in his wine red eyes but he didn't say a single word. The beast was waiting patiently to take his mate home. Tonight, no one was going to interrupt them. He was going to have Zane all to himself. The thought made his heart jump with excitement. As if the group sensed his emotions, they all stood up.

"Okay, it's so late now. Time to leave!" Noah chirped. Everyone hugged the elder one by one and Xihuan held Lily's hand. "Let's go before this wolf hits us!"

The group began to leave and Zane watched their cub leave while waving at him. "Where is Lily going?"

He asked Siddarth who sat next to him silently. "Our cub is staying with Noah and Xihuan tonight."

"Why?" Naive little thing. Siddarth was going to die someday because of how cute his little mate was.

Siddarth stood up and held a hand out for his husband. Zane gave his hand to the wolf who pulled him up slowly. The wolf's toned arm wrapped around his waist as they left the room. Zane felt his wolf's hand shaking on his waist and he wondered why the younger man was so nervous. What was going on?

"I need you alone tonight, Zane." The wolf said and Zane became flustered.

They left the restaurant and reached the Dodge. Siddarth held the door for the smaller man. Zane sat down inside and the wolf closed the door. The younger man climbed into the driver's seat and filled the engine with life. Siddarth kept one hand on the steering and one on his mate's lap, holding his hand. The wolf turned up the music and turned down the windows. The fresh wind hit Zane's face and the moonlight from the sky had him glowing. How lucky Siddarth was to have Zane. The human giggled as his husband stole glances at him. A question danced in his mind as he stared at his handsome wolf.

'What is he planning tonight?'