Chapter 11

Please like the chapters or leave a comment, it fuels my creativity. I feel like no one is reading. I've considered deleting this story so if you want me to continue please do one of these things.

Emma "poofed" to the middle of her living room, immediately noticing that Regina wasn't there and the bottle of Stella Rosá three quarters of the way empty. Jumping to conclusions Emma thought to herself, 'Well crap, I hope she didn't do anything stupid like go outside or something.' She searched the entire first floor then traveled to the second floor looking in every room until the only ones that were left were her bedroom and Henry's. 'She must be in Henry's room, why in the world would she be in mine?' Emma contemplated as she stood in the middle of the hallway. She got to her son's door and quietly turned the knob, only to see the other woman sitting in the boy's desk chair watching him sleep peacefully with tears running down her cheeks. She hadn't yet noticed Emma standing in the doorway. The blonde took in the woman's frightened and vulnerable appearance. The mayor's face was pale, her hair was tousled and all Emma wanted to do was run over and gather her up in her arms and soothe her. Just then Regina jumped, surprised that Emma had come home so fast, at least it seemed fast to her.

"Emma, you startled me." The brunette rasped quietly as she wiped her eyes, her voice scratchy from the stress of the day.

"Regina, what are you doing?"

"I didn't want to be by myself right now so I decided to come upstairs and sit in Henry's room." The shorter woman confessed, not liking to be seen when she felt vulnerable. She suddenly realized that she had gotten more comfortable with Emma seeing her like that. "He's growing up so fast. Plus he's so smart." She whispered as she gazed at the sleeping boy, her tears welling up again.

Emma strode across the room coming to a stop next to the brunette as she looked at her son. "He must get it from you because I never did well in school." Her self deprecating evident in her statement.

Regina stood up and firmly eplied, "You may not have been efficient in school, however you are much more intelligent than you give yourself credit for. Intelligence isn't just book smarts, it's also what you learn in life and I'm sure you learned a whole lot from what you went through. Am I right?"

Shrugging Emma conceded, "I guess, but next to you and even Henry you guys are light years smarter than me."

With that Regina grabbed the blonde's hand and pulled her from the low lit room.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going somewhere where I can raise my voice if I have to." Regina replied determinedly, her voice wafting in the air.

——————————————————————

They made themselves comfortable on the slightly squishy couch. Regina turned, her right leg tucked underneath her so she could face the blonde, and tapped the latter's thigh to follow suit. As Emma copied her, the brunette began with conviction, "Now I want you to listen to me and acknowledge what I'm saying." The sheriff hung her head like a child would when they're being scolded. "Emma Swan! Look at me right now!" Green eyes snapped up to meet dark brown. "Now, you are intelligent. Whether you realize it or not you are more intelligent than I am in many things. It would take me all night to list them so I will refrain from doing so."

Emma opened her mouth to voice her disagreement, but stopped when she cupped the back of her neck, bringing their faces closer together. The smaller woman pressed her pillowy lips towards Emma's, intending to kiss her chastely but gave into her unspoken feelings. Regina pulled away reluctantly, Emma's hand moving from the brunette's neck to cup her cheek. "We have to stop Emma, Henry is asleep upstairs."