Chapter 14

Emma wakes up with half of her face buried in tousled dark chestnut hair, a smile making itself known on her fair face. She burrows further into Regina's dark locks smelling the still sleeping woman's shampoo of apples and vanilla. Her right arm was loosely draped around the middle of the sleeping woman so she pulled her closer, relishing the time they had in bed.

She had fallen asleep once more. In her slumber Emma was having an erotic dream about her and Regina when out of nowhere there was a beeping blaring in it. She reluctantly woke up with her arm still wrapped around the brunette. As a bright smile appeared on her face she took a deep breath, breathing in the mayor's unique scent then rolled over removing her arm and blindly grasped her phone to shut the annoying alarm off. Seeing that it was 7:30am Emma slid her way out of bed pulling the sheet up to cover Regina again.

The first thing the blonde noticed was that she couldn't hear her son's shower running. Thinking that Henry had just slept through his alarm she opened her bedroom door and trudged to the boy's room. She knocked lightly and announced loud enough to be heard through the door, "Henry, it's time to get up and take a shower. You don't want to be late for school."  Getting no response she knocked a little louder, "Come on Hen, don't make me drag you out of bed and into the shower in your pajamas."

Regina woke up and saw that Emma had already gotten up and from the sound of things she was trying to get their son up, unsuccessfully. The brunette retrieved a fluffy robe and tied it onto her curvaceous figure and walked out barefoot to join Emma in the hallway. "He's not getting up is he?" Emma shook her head. "Well let's both go in and wake him up."

The blonde nodded in affirmation and turned the knob, she immediately recognized the pillows under the blankets trick Henry attempted in order to throw his mothers' off. However Regina walked over to the bed raising her voice, "Henry Daniel Mills, wake up already!"

Emma rolled her deep green eyes and walked past Regina, "He's not here Regina." As she pulled the blankets off of the pillows that were being used to imitate his body. "He must've left sometime last night." Carding her hands through her wavy blonde hair she then pinched the bridge of her nose not believing that her son would do this with everything that's going on with them.

Dark eyes widened in panic, "Well we need to go searching for him!"

——————————————————————

Emma called her father, who had been just starting his shift at the sheriff's office. "Emma, is everything okay? You're usually here before I am."

"No dad it's not, Henry disappeared in the middle of the night." She rambled quickly, desperation becoming evident in her voice. "I want to start searching for him, do you think you can meet us at the house so we can brainstorm to figure out where he might have gone?"

There was silence on his end of the phone for a minute before he said, "Absolutely, let me get a hold of Mulan and Merida to let them know what's going on. I'll be there as soon as I can."

——————————————————————

Regina was vigorously pacing in the living room, almost wearing out the carpet in the process while Emma sat on the couch, her knees bobbing up and down nervously and twiddling her thumbs when there was a knock at her front door. Regina practically ran to the massive door but Emma stopped her, "Let me answer it, we don't know for sure that it's David." Regina nodded as she wrung her hands uncharacteristically.

"Who is it?" Emma questioned with an authoritative voice.

The familiar baritone voice of her father answered, "Emma, it's me. I have Mulan here with me." That prompted the blonde to proceed in opening the heavy door allowing the two deputies in.