Hurt

Chapter Thirty-One

Hurt

April 23, 2010

"We should head back to the village," Botan suggested, "Yuma's hurt pretty bad and Hinata-san is..."

They looked over at the woman in question.

Their traumatized team captain sat kneeling at the water's edge, staring at her clean hands. As if in a trance, she'd washed them, over and over again, for nearly an hour, and now, sat gazing at them as though the blood and gunk still remained. Following that harrowing, shocking moment she'd blown that creature's torso from its legs, and destroyed a good portion of the buildings directly behind the village's entrance, the poor woman had broken down. Shaking, sobbing, apologizing over and over...the Hyuuga Princess was devastated by the destruction she'd wrought and more importantly, the people she'd hurt...of which, there were many.

They didn't know what was going on, what had happened and from the deep distress radiating from the dark haired beauty, neither did she.

Asahi shook his head.

"Yuma's too injured to move right now. One of us has to stay here with her and the villagers, tend to the wounded and wait for reinforcements. Hinata-san's in no condition to head back on her own. I know a little Iryō Ninjutsu, it's pretty basic, but its better than nothing given the circumstances. I'll stay here and see if there's any villagers with medical training that can assist with taking care of the injured," he looked to the lone woman, "you take her back to the village."

Botan nodded, then shuffled over to the woman in question. The crimson on her shirt, though she'd splashed it with water during her frantic cleaning session, had discolored the pretty lavender it had been. It was hopelessly ruined, stained beyond any type of deep cleaning. He pulled off the overcoat of his uniform and placed it over her shoulders.

He wasn't sure if she was cold or if it was the upset, but she was shaking all over.

He knelt next to her and studied her tear streaked face. Her eyes were wide and haunted, red rimmed and holding stray moisture in their crevices.

Sympathy bloomed in his chest.

She looked so fragile. So terribly frightened.

He place a hand on her shoulder, his sympathy deepening when she startled. She looked at him as though seeing him for the first time.

"Hinata-san, I'm going to take you back to village, alright. We...need to bring back reinforcements to...help with the village."

Her bottom lip trembled, those big milky eyes overflowed and the delicate shoulders beneath his coat haunched. Though it was a bit awkward to maneuver her, he deposited her as gently as he could onto his back and took off in the direction of Konoha.

Her slender body was near weightless on his back, but the silent tears she soaked it with were incredibly heavy.

xxxxxx

April 24, 2010

"You're sure of this?"

"Yes, Hokage-sama." Botan confirmed.

"Where is she?"

"I dropped her off at the hospital before coming here...I thought it...best she be attended to there. She doesn't seem...well."

Kakashi sat back in his chair. He could well imagine she wasn't well. Hinata was on of the most, if not the most, gentle kunoichi Konoha had among its shinobi roaster. She was fierce in combat when she needed to be, formidable as any ninja should be, but...that softness within her. It was the foundation of her personality, inherit to her nature. To hurt a single innocent person, she wasn't capable, not purposely...but to hurt many, one of which was on her team, that was the eldest sister of her fiancé's genin student...