The Beginning

Welcome to Book One of the Ɱҽէąʍօɾքհօʂìʂ trilogy. I hope you all enjoy the story from start to finish. As you read, don't forget to star, comment and follow me for story updates and more!

___________________________________________________________

Part One

Finding Love

Chapter One

The Beginning

April 15, 2007

The night sky was soothing.

Serene.

Gleaming stars twinkled amid an endless void of darkness. Miles away from the bright lights of the village, the glinting spheres appeared even more brilliant in the sea of blackness. Gentle gusts of wind whispered across the meadow, the lulling hush disrupted only by the chirp of crickets and the soft rustle of forest animals. The tranquil sights and sound of nature were wasted on the grief stricken ninja.

Naruto sat huddled beneath a towering tree.

Shaggy blonde head resting against his up drawn knee, his remote profile radiated agony.

He sucked in a shuddering breath, letting out a steady stream of air in the nook of solitude his arms formed. A lash of anguish pierced his soul and crushing sadness settling over his shoulders.

He clenched his teeth, struggling to hold back the burgeoning tide of sorrow.

His pain was unbearable.

Worse than any broken bone, deeper than any kunai wound and more agonizing than any physical pain he'd ever lived through. His heart was in tatters, shredded and bleeding within the confines of his chest.

It was hard to breathe.

Hard to think.

Hard to wrap his brain around the gut rending truth.

He didn't know what he was supposed to do.Where he was supposed to go. How he was supposed to shoulder this devastating reality. His eyes watered, throat burning as he swallowed a sob. Squeezing his eyes closed, Naruto took another stabling breath.

He didn't want to cry.

He'd spent hours, days, shedding more tears than he had in his entire life.

Crying wouldn't change anything.

Tears wouldn't wash away the agonizing truth.

He shifted, fingers carving furrows in the grass beneath him in a desperate bid to hang onto his wayward emotions. It was a losing battle. Akin to swimming against a raging tide with weights tied to his ankles. Angry, frustrated, heartsick beyond belief, he pressed his face into his hands before threading his fingers through the spikes atop his head. He squeezed. Teetering on the edge of tearing the golden locks from his cranium.

A wave of grief engulfed his trembling frame.

Ero-Sennin.

That perverted grin unfurled before his minds eye, the old man's obnoxious laugh ringing in his ears.

He could still feel the warmth of the strong had that often ruffled his hair with pride.

All of that.

Gone.

No goodbye.

No last words of farewell.

No body to lay to rest.